Maple Leafs News and Views > Former Leafs: Ex-Files

Howie Meeker passes away

(1/2) > >>

Nik:

4 time cup winner with the Leafs, legendary broadcaster and one time Federal Member of Parliament Howie Meeker has passed away at 97. What a career.

.:
I'm probably dating myself a bit, but I remember as a kid going to hockey camps and during breaks in on-ice training, we'd all sit and watch reel to reel instructional movies featuring howie meeker. Good times.

Impressive life and accomplishments.

Hobbes:
My earliest and most lasting memories of HNIC were Saturday intermissions with Peter Puck and Howie Meeker. A great teacher and ambassador for the game.

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: Hobbes on November 08, 2020, 09:20:15 PM ---My earliest and most lasting memories of HNIC were Saturday intermissions with Peter Puck and Howie Meeker. A great teacher and ambassador for the game.

--- End quote ---

So awesome! Those are my memories as well.

Highlander:
I loved Howie Meeker, he said a few classics in his time. One was when the Leaf D were sprawling on the ice while the other team scored a goal, Howie said "There's the Leafs down on their knees looking for nickles". 

His other classic was that "Tiger Williams is living proof that hair grows on cement".  funny.

A Leaf great, RIP Howie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version