Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Coronavirus

<< < (3/428) > >>

Highlander:
I really think everyone here has the best intentions and no one should be ridiculed for trying to help.  We are all going through this together. This virus is the great leveller,  it doesn't matter what your background or social status is, its going to touch rich and poor all the same. 
If one of us recommends Vitamin C, then this is good, do you own due diligence before you act (or ridicule).  It only makes sense to take a great Vitamin C supplement, as it is proven to bolster immune systems. When I suggest NAC, instead of ridicule, look at it, do your due diligence and make your own informed decisions.  I am open to all suggestions, as I will investigate all claims and make my own decisions.   Let's help each other instead of playing games of one-upmanship.

Significantly Insignificant:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on March 08, 2020, 12:50:38 PM ---good lord, people. Vitamin C will not prevent or treat the coronavirus. Your body needs a certain amount; after that, you're literally pissing money down the drain.

--- End quote ---

So your body can only absorb so much vitamin c in a day.  That is a fact.  Your body will get rid of the excess through urine.  That statement is correct.

This may be semantics, but vitamin C will promote a healthy immune system.  A healthy immune system will help your body fight off viruses.  You'll still feel the effects of the virus, it won't prevent it, but your body's immune system will be the thing that needs to fight off the virus, so having a healthy immune system will help.

.:

--- Quote from: Highlander on March 08, 2020, 01:51:17 PM --- Let's help each other instead of playing games of one-upmanship.

--- End quote ---

I can't disagree more. No one is served by half baked theories by "experts" and naturopathic nonsense; in fact, it creates more confusion and dilutes proper advice.

Highlander:

--- Quote from: Frycer14 on March 08, 2020, 02:34:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Highlander on March 08, 2020, 01:51:17 PM --- Let's help each other instead of playing games of one-upmanship.

--- End quote ---

I can't disagree more. No one is served by half baked theories by "experts" and naturopathic nonsense; in fact, it creates more confusion and dilutes proper advice.

--- End quote ---

Fryer14, who makes who and who an expert? What I am saying is we can all put forth our views without ridicule. Most Big Pharma has a vested interest in keeping natural cures under wrap.

I could say lima beans helped my sister combat cancer, rather than say nonsense, if you want to test the suggestion then google it and do your research.  People on this board should have the right to say what they think and if you want to check it out check it out.  We are just trying to help each other.

You could say my claims to NAC are nonsense, did you know about NAC before?  All I have said is what it has done for me. Did I claim it would ward off coronavirus? No, of course not.  I said if anyone is interested do your own due diligence rather than claiming I am a witch, without any research/effort on your part.

Nothing can combat the coronavirus except your own immune system, so the idea is to bolster your natural defences to the maximum.  If Vitamin C and NAC help that then great, if your research proves different don't use it.  We can't scare of each other from making suggestions that may help.

Another thing you may want to check out is TUDCA, not sure about immune function but is great for the liver. Ok, lets test my theory.  Check out whatever is suggested instead of trying to sound like any of us has all the answers. I certainly don't.

Significantly Insignificant:

--- Quote from: Highlander on March 08, 2020, 01:51:17 PM ---I really think everyone here has the best intentions and no one should be ridiculed for trying to help.  We are all going through this together. This virus is the great leveller,  it doesn't matter what your background or social status is, its going to touch rich and poor all the same. 
If one of us recommends Vitamin C, then this is good, do you own due diligence before you act (or ridicule).  It only makes sense to take a great Vitamin C supplement, as it is proven to bolster immune systems. When I suggest NAC, instead of ridicule, look at it, do your due diligence and make your own informed decisions.  I am open to all suggestions, as I will investigate all claims and make my own decisions.   Let's help each other instead of playing games of one-upmanship.

--- End quote ---

Last time I checked, this virus had a fatality rate of 3.4%.  It's a little higher than what was expected which was 1%.  Unless those numbers go up, I think great leveller might be a bit over the top.  S.A.R.S had a higher fatality rate, which I think was around 10%

I mean if this was Ebola with a longer gestation period then I would be more scared of it. 

As of right now, from what I have read, the reason this is dangerous is because it is new and that means it can spread quickly because nobody has a natural defense for it.  However it isn't anything that should push a healthy immune system over it's limits. The greatest risk are to those with weakened immune systems.  Also it is cross species which presents some other challenges when trying to contain it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version