Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

Blue Jays Hot Stove Thread

<< < (2/31) > >>

Nik:

It had been rumoured but the Pirates hired the Jays' VP of Baseball Ops Ben Cherington as their new GM.

L K:

--- Quote from: Nik Bethune on November 15, 2019, 02:06:05 PM ---
It had been rumoured but the Pirates hired the Jays' VP of Baseball Ops Ben Cherington as their new GM.

--- End quote ---

You never want to hold people back from advancing their careers but this is a blow to the organization.

Nik:

--- Quote from: L K on November 15, 2019, 03:36:45 PM ---

--- End quote ---

You never want to hold people back from advancing their careers but this is a blow to the organization.

--- End quote ---

Sure but I think that given Cherington's resume it would have been safe to assume he was going to be a GM hire at some point so I have to assume he was seen as a temporary employee regardless.

L K:

--- Quote from: Nik Bethune on November 15, 2019, 04:59:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: L K on November 15, 2019, 03:36:45 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Sure but I think that given Cherington's resume it would have been safe to assume he was going to be a GM hire at some point so I have to assume he was seen as a temporary employee regardless.

--- End quote ---

Oh no doubt but it’s a big loss to the scouting/drafting for the team. 

The Empire:
The starting rotation will most likely be some combination of :

Roark/Tehran/Shoemaker
Chase Andersen
Thornton
Kay
Zeuch
Waguespack

This is not promising. 

Atkins won't have a chance at any of the big arms Stras, Cole, Wheeler so he'll have to settle for the 2nd or 3rd tier pitchers.  A better way to shore up the rotation is via trade.

I'd like them to take a shot at Calhoun.  He can play all 3 outfield positions and he can be had for round $7MM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version