Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

2019 Blue Jays General Discussion Thread

<< < (2/72) > >>

Andy:

--- Quote from: Nik the Trik on February 18, 2019, 06:03:03 AM ---
Why would Jays fans be worried about a year of control when Rogers has said that they'll spend money on the team when the time is right? If the money is there to sign Vladdy when/if he demands big free agent money why do we care if it's 5 or 6 years from now?

--- End quote ---

If all it takes is literally 3 weeks to gain a full extra year of control, why would you give it up, regardless of how much money there, potentially, is?

Nik:

--- Quote from: Andy on February 18, 2019, 07:23:57 AM ---If all it takes is literally 3 weeks to gain a full extra year of control, why would you give it up, regardless of how much money there, potentially, is?

--- End quote ---

Me as a fan or me as a hypothetical GM?

Andy:

--- Quote from: Nik the Trik on February 18, 2019, 07:28:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Andy on February 18, 2019, 07:23:57 AM ---If all it takes is literally 3 weeks to gain a full extra year of control, why would you give it up, regardless of how much money there, potentially, is?

--- End quote ---

Me as a fan or me as a hypothetical GM?

--- End quote ---

It's rhetorical, so you can be whoever you want in the proposed role-play. I'm not sure how it changes things. As a fan I realize that this team has punted the season and thus should not waste a year of control for absolutely no reason.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Andy on February 18, 2019, 07:45:48 AM ---It's rhetorical, so you can be whoever you want in the proposed role-play. I'm not sure how it changes things. As a fan I realize that this team has punted the season and thus should not waste a year of control for absolutely no reason.

--- End quote ---

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I think it's an important delineation. As a  fan, I don't have contractual control. They could trade him tomorrow and as a fan all I could do is hope they got a good return.

As a fan, my only interest is in the Jays winning games and eventually a championship and I don't see how this helps that provided they're willing to pay him appropriately when they need to, regardless of when that is.

Highlander:
From a business standpoint its good business to hold onto Vlad for the extra year. As three weeks in a lifetime is next to nothing what do we care if he is not in the lineup for 3 weeks when we get an extra year.
Strobro is another example of not letting his agent take care of business.  He is as good as gone now. I guess he should go to Seattle as the Skyneedle sort of resembles the CN tower tattooed on his frame.
Loose lips since ships.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version