Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

The MMA Thread

<< < (57/58) > >>

Darryl:
Damn fine return for GSP last night. I worry if the fight had gone longer but he ended at just the right time. 

Now does he fight for the welterweight title next and vacate the middleweight title? Or unify the middleweight title against Whittaker.

Darryl:
Didn't see that KO coming, definitely not that quick. Might be it for 145 woman's division if Cyborg leaves.

Bender:

--- Quote from: Darryl on December 29, 2018, 11:58:39 PM ---Didn't see that KO coming, definitely not that quick. Might be it for 145 woman's division if Cyborg leaves.

--- End quote ---
Wow that was insane. Cyborg didn't respect Nunes' punching power at all. Why did she want to trade strikes with her? Seemed like a bad strategy to me....

Also, man, Jon Jones really outclassed Alex Gustavsson tonight. At no point did I think Alex was much of a threat.

Condit.... Was he ever good? He got totally schooled.

Really enjoyed the featherweight and Anderson/Latifi fight also.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: Bender link=topic=39.msg346736#msg346736 date=1546149547
[/quote ---Yes he was a great fighter, just old now. Interesting trend...A lot of top fighters that lost to GSP saw their careers go downhill after the loss. Hughes, Koscheck, BJ Penn, Thiago Alves, Condit, Hendricks were at their peaks fighting GSP and their careers were never the same after losing to him.
--- End quote ---

Bender:

--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on December 30, 2018, 04:29:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bender link=topic=39.msg346736#msg346736 date=1546149547
[/quote ---Yes he was a great fighter, just old now. Interesting trend...A lot of top fighters that lost to GSP saw their careers go downhill after the loss. Hughes, Koscheck, BJ Penn, Thiago Alves, Condit, Hendricks were at their peaks fighting GSP and their careers were never the same after losing to him.

--- End quote ---
Cormier is older, but point taken. That's pretty interesting. Hendricks really baffles me. He really should've won his fight with GSP, you would think he'd just regroup and take the belt.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version