Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (3/376) > >>

J-Ho Fan:
Anyone watch Feherty on the Golf Channel yet? Absolutely hilarious!

Tigger:
Caught the first couple episodes of Mad Men, seems like it's going to be good too.

Nik:

--- Quote from: WhatIfGodWasALeaf on July 13, 2011, 03:37:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Saint Nik on July 12, 2011, 07:57:47 PM ---
Caught some of a british sitcom named The Inbetweeners. Nothing revolutionary, 4 high school students trying to get laid, but pretty good at times.

--- End quote ---
For what it is, it's pretty damn god.

Jay is one of the best characters on TV.

--- End quote ---

I agree, there's something that's pretty great about how authentic it sounds. They talk like actual high school kids, albeit very funny ones, as opposed to adults writing for high school kids.

As you say, Jay is pretty hilarious even if I don't understand half of the words he uses for, let's say, women.

WhatIfGodWasALeaf:

--- Quote from: Saint Nik on July 13, 2011, 11:15:24 PM ---

I agree, there's something that's pretty great about how authentic it sounds. They talk like actual high school kids, albeit very funny ones, as opposed to adults writing for high school kids.

As you say, Jay is pretty hilarious even if I don't understand half of the words he uses for, let's say, women.

--- End quote ---
I had to do quite a lot of "translating" ;D for my wife when I watched it again with her.  As you mentioned, the authenticity of their interactions are it's major selling point, I remember speaking to friends just like that at that age, you had never really seen it portrayed with the same level of rawness on tv.

Nik:

They just came out with the Emmy nominations and I have to say I'm pretty pleasantly surprised.

Emmy nominations

Nice to see Justified getting some recognition for the terrific season they had. Same with Peter Dinklage on Game of Thrones, Louis CK for Louie and Idris Elba getting a couple nods. Shame there was no such love for Sons of Anarchy, Nick Offerman or Archer though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version