Maple Leafs News and Views > 2011 to 2021 GDTs (OLD)

Preseason GDT 4: Leafs vs Sabres L2-1

<< < (2/20) > >>

Erndog:

--- Quote from: Bender on September 23, 2011, 11:02:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zee on September 23, 2011, 10:44:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Erndog on September 23, 2011, 10:43:23 AM ---Both teams icing pretty full lineups, should be a good "test".

--- End quote ---

Yup, there's our D minus Gardiner and Komisarek.

--- End quote ---

Lol at the Komi quote. Also one player will be coming off the fourth line. Otherwise it's pretty full.

Sabres are missing at least Leino and Myers. I feel like the Sabres are built a lot like the Leafs. No outright stars outside of Vanek (Kessel) and Miller, big bodies on D but with offensive upside, waterbugs on the first 3 lines. It'll be interesting for sure!

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about that the other day as well.  There's Kessel/Vanek who are the upper tier players and then there is a lot of depth.  A lot of 'skilled, fast players'... similar in ages too.  Obviously they have Ryan Miller which is quite a significant difference.  I'd say Roy is a very, very good center (a notch above Grabs or Connolly easily) but other than that, they have fairly comparable rosters in my opinion.

BlueWhiteBlood:
Should be a really good test tonight for sure...

cw:
link
Goalies: James Reimer, Ben Scrivens

Defence: Keith Aulie - Dion Phaneuf, Carl Gunnarsson - John-Michael Liles, Cody Franson - Jake Gardiner.

Forwards: Joffrey Lupul - Tim Connolly - Phil Kessel
Clarke MacArthur - Mikhail Grabovski - Nikolai Kulemin
Nazem Kadri - Tyler Bozak - Matt Frattin
Joye Crabb - Darryl Boyce - Colton Orr

The following three players took part in the morning skate but aren't expected to play tonight: Mike Komisarek, Luke Schenn, Jay Rosehill.

That's getting much closer to looking like the starting lineup/roster members.

Scrivens, Gardiner, Kadri, Frattin, Crabb & Boyce are the only ones on the bubble and some of those guys have a decent shot to survive (like Boyce & Kadri).

Probably worth taking a look at the game tonight ..  :)

Sarge:
No Army... We lose.

Zee:
If I open up a barley pop tonight during the game it'll almost feel like a regular season game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version