Author Topic: Media Thread  (Read 47761 times)

Offline ThatLeafsFan

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
Re: Media Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2013, 06:35:52 PM »
Is this a joke?
Will Ferrell's doing a media circuit as Ron Burgundy, so... yes and no, depending on what you're referring to.

Ah ok, makes sense now, I thought by the sounds of the TSN article that he was joining them on a permanent position.   

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »
Bring back Onrait & O'Toole!

Offline mc

• Veteran
  • get the shovels
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »
does ron burgundy even know what a puck is let alone what ice hockey is? he will probably hit on jennifer hedger the whole time he is there.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
Bring back Onrait & O'Toole!

Please no!

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »
Onrait and O'Toole were great.  For those of you who enjoyed them, I recommend checking out their podcasts.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »
Onrait and O'Toole were great in the beginning. By the end it became less and less about the scores of games and more and more about how ridiculously unfunny they could be.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2013, 09:15:04 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't find Will Ferrell all that funny.  And to me, taking a character from a movie and having him just say ridiculous stuff on other mediums is a pretty dumb gimmick.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't find Will Ferrell all that funny.  And to me, taking a character from a movie and having him just say ridiculous stuff on other mediums is a pretty dumb gimmick.

I agree completely. Ferrell hasn't been funny in years.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
Onrait and O'Toole were great in the beginning. By the end it became less and less about the scores of games and more and more about how ridiculously unfunny they could be.

Disagree, but to each their own.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »

If all I wanted was to find out the scores of the games I would just check their website.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Not liking my posts is Cancel Culture
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't find Will Ferrell all that funny.

Funny is obviously a subjective thing but he does at least seem committed to being weird. From the funny or die stuff to recording beer ads that only play in small markets in Iowa at the very least he's not just sitting back and cashing big checks to make sequels.

You know, except now.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2013, 01:21:37 PM »

If all I wanted was to find out the scores of the games I would just check their website.

Last time I checked, Sportscenter is a sports newscast, not the Jay and Dan comedy hour. I'm fine with a few cracks here and there, but to them it was more stand-up than about the sports.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »

Last time I checked, Sportscenter is a sports newscast, not the Jay and Dan comedy hour. I'm fine with a few cracks here and there, but to them it was more stand-up than about the sports.

It's whatever TSN decides it is actually.

EDIT: And the highlights were still exactly the same.  Unless you watch Sportscentre for the bland recantation of goals, assists, win by a faceless droid.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:27:41 PM by Potvin29 »

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Not liking my posts is Cancel Culture
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2013, 01:40:24 PM »

It's not really a newscast though, it's a highlight show and if the only two available tones are boring or funny I'd go funny.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

It's still an entertainment product, and they made it more entertaining.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan