Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Report: Alexander Barabanov linked to the Leafs

(1/4) > >>

herman:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-fast-hockey-big-personalities-define-start-nhl-season/

--- Quote --- 6. A name to learn: Alexander Barabanov. The Russian left-shot winger will be 26 in June, and word is a few NHL executives will be going to see him in person. His 46 points in 58 games for St. Petersburg were 18th in the KHL last season. He’s at three points in the first 12 games this year, but his ice time is down from 15:26 to 13:19. There’s always a concern that when a player in Barabanov’s situation sees that drop, it’s because the organization feels it will lose him.

“We’re already looking for Toronto’s ‘Russian Whisperer,’” one of my overseas contacts joked. That’s Senior Director of Player Evaluation Jim Paliafito.

--- End quote ---

Quick scouting report:
Barabanov is another of those Trevor Moore kinda players. Not overly physical tho. Hungry for the puck when he doesnt have it, great defensively, great forechecker, offensively gifted but I wouldnt expect too much points in NHL tbh. Trevor Moore-esque kinda guy. I like him a ton! https://t.co/4tBpvecdMB— Sam Tirpák (@SammyT_51) October 8, 2019
--- End quote ---

CarltonTheBear:
Saying Friedman "linked" the Leafs to this player is a bit of a stretch. But he would certainly fit the mould of guys the Leafs like.

herman:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 08, 2019, 04:52:41 PM ---Saying Friedman "linked" the Leafs to this player is a bit of a stretch. But he would certainly fit the mould of guys the Leafs like.

--- End quote ---

It's a lot of stretch based on Friedman's wording.
CJ followed up on the Leafs Hour confirming that the Leafs are at the top of his list.

herman:
Meanwhile Kyle Dubas spent last 2 days in Russia talking to players he could sign next year #LeafsForever— Igor Eronko (@IgorEronko) October 12, 2019
--- End quote ---

CarltonTheBear:
Damien Cox: Dubas flees the country after embarrassing loss to the Lightning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version