Other Hockey News & Views > CHL & NCAA Hockey

Future Prospects/Draftees

<< < (2/16) > >>

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Bender on August 11, 2011, 07:48:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: hockeyfan1 on August 04, 2011, 01:53:46 AM ---link

....2012 draft class....

...Connor Murphy and Robbie Russo with the U.S.... Jacob Trouba and Seth Jones (the latter not eligible until 2013)...Nikita Kucherov...two linemates, Mikhail Grigorenko and Nail Yakupov...

...Sweden's Mika Zibanejad and Victor Rask...Filip Forsberg. Underagers Olli Maatta and Ville Pokka for Finland..
...Czech Republic's Martin Frk

Grigorenko has to be the odds-on favorite to be the top dog...

Add to the mix a strong crop of Western Canadian defensemen (such as Morgan Rielly)...

--- End quote ---
Zibanejad was taken this  year.

--- End quote ---

So was Rask.

hockeyfan1:
The Ivan Hlinka Tournament....

Team Canada's U-18 squad defeated Team Russia 5-0, thus advancing to the Final (championship game) against Team Sweden.  Canada has outscored the opposition in the last 3 games, by a combined total of 17-1!  The opposing teams, by the way, were Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Russia.

Head coach Steve Spott was disappointed with Canada's parade to the penalty box against Sweden, but his players have adapted as the tournament has progressed, defeating the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Russia by a combined 17-1 scoreline.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/08/12/sp-hlinka-fri.html

Hmm... wonder what happened to Team USA?  This year, it looks more like we Canucks have been the more talented bunch!

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: hockeyfan1 on August 13, 2011, 03:55:36 AM ---Hmm... wonder what happened to Team USA?  This year, it looks more like we Canucks have been the more talented bunch!

--- End quote ---

Seeing as how Canada has won this tournament 16 times in its 21 year history, including 14 of the past 16 years, that's not exactly surprising.

hockeyfan1:
The Ivan Hlinka Tournament....

Team Canada downed Team Sweden 4-1, thus winning it's fourth consecutive gold medal.

For more, go to:  http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/2011/08/13/u18-canada-sweden-0/

gilmour4life:
speaking of future draft eligible players.  I seem to remember Martin Frk being highly touted.  I think he was playing in the Q last  year but being Slovakian (I believe), he may have gone home to better his chances of playing for their World Junior team.  I remember when the games were in Ottawa, being told that they like their team to play together for the season. The Hockey News at one point threw out the name Cam Neely as a comparible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version