Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Armchair GM 2021-2022: Catharsis

<< < (2/51) > >>

CarltonTheBear:
"He had 2 more 5v5 goals then Mikheyev and Engvall" is such a weird argument. Nylander and Tavares each only had 4 more 5v5 goals then those two as well, it doesn't really say anything about them as players.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: L K on June 02, 2021, 11:37:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on June 02, 2021, 10:57:17 AM ---4.5 for Hyman? That's a huge overpay for what he brings. Listen I love his work ethic but the way he's over valued is beyond nuts. He's not a 1st line player and he's not worth what some are mentioning. He has 5 pts in his last 3 playoffs playing with M&M. He had 2 more 5v5 goals then Mikheyev and Engvall. 1 more then Spezza and he played most of his time with M&M. They deserve  a better winger.
I'm also not giving Galchenyuk or Bogo a 500K raise. Time for Liljegren and I think Robertson could fill in for Galy.
Dubas will have to hold firm with guys this year again with the cap not moving up..every dollar counts.
Also of note...Robertson's contract slid this year so his hit is now 793 333.

--- End quote ---

I think we have chatted a few times that I'm in agreement with you.  I'm just erring on the side of I have a feeling he's going to get more.  I hope that isn't the case.

--- End quote ---
Yes we have and I know where you're coming from. I would give him 3 max and that's really pushing it. He belongs on the 3rd line, not on the #1.
And Spezza just said he wants to come back next year so that's a given. You can't turn that down.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on June 02, 2021, 11:41:56 AM ---"He had 2 more 5v5 goals then Mikheyev and Engvall" is such a weird argument. Nylander and Tavares each only had 4 more 5v5 goals then those two as well, it doesn't really say anything about them as players.

--- End quote ---
Not really, he should produce more playing with them. It's pretty simple.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on June 02, 2021, 11:45:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on June 02, 2021, 11:41:56 AM ---"He had 2 more 5v5 goals then Mikheyev and Engvall" is such a weird argument. Nylander and Tavares each only had 4 more 5v5 goals then those two as well, it doesn't really say anything about them as players.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Why? Matthews is the finished on that line and Marner is a reasonable goalscorer, as well. Hyman's not on that line to put puck in the net. He's there to get the puck to the other guys, so they can work their magic. I wouldn't give him that much money, either, but using 5v5 goals is a very very very limited metric of what Hyman provides.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on June 02, 2021, 11:49:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on June 02, 2021, 11:45:52 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Why? Matthews is the finished on that line and Marner is a reasonable goalscorer, as well. Hyman's not on that line to put puck in the net. He's there to get the puck to the other guys, so they can work their magic. I wouldn't give him that much money, either, but using 5v5 goals is a very very very limited metric of what Hyman provides.

--- End quote ---
So he's not on the line expected to finish? Why is he on the PP? That's pretty sad don't you think? He was a huge problem for M&M this series. He had 1 takeaway these playoffs so he wasn't really effective was he?
The problem with having a guy who can't finish on your top line is that it makes it easier to check them in the playoffs. The habs just focused on Matthews, who I thought actually played well despite not scoring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version