Other Hockey News & Views > 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Round 2: Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

(1/2) > >>

CarltonTheBear:
The @Canes will play the @TBLightning in the Second Round, marking the first series between the franchises.

Carolina has faced the defending #StanleyCup champions on three prior occasions (1980 PRLM vs. MTL, 2001 CQF vs. NJD & 2019 R1 vs. WSH). #NHLStats: https://t.co/dNdI2w8Id8 pic.twitter.com/fDIUPsDhio— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) May 28, 2021
--- End quote ---

Guilt Trip:
Hard to bet against Tampa in this one. Should be close but Kucherov will be the difference.

Heroic Shrimp:
#PlayoffOfficiating @domluszczyszyn @soIoucity  I have no words pic.twitter.com/qHre5aYWS3— Francesco (@touchdownSZN) June 2, 2021
--- End quote ---

WhatIfGodWasALeaf:
Honestly, it has driven me from the sport. What is the point in watching any of the regular season? It is quite literally not the same game as the playoffs. The playoffs toss out the rulebook and it just dissolves into who is willing to be a bigger piece of garbage.

I tried explaining it to my friends in Scotland and they couldn't comprehend the fact that when the elite teams come together to decide a champion, its basically prison rules.

Stop and imagine that principle applied in any other sport...

Bettman needs to be done and the NHL needs a progressive commissioner in thee worst way.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: WhatIfGodWasALeaf on June 02, 2021, 12:35:53 AM ---Honestly, it has driven me from the sport. What is the point in watching any of the regular season? It is quite literally not the same game as the playoffs. The playoffs toss out the rulebook and it just dissolves into who is willing to be a bigger piece of garbage.

I tried explaining it to my friends in Scotland and they couldn't comprehend the fact that when the elite teams come together to decide a champion, its basically prison rules.

Stop and imagine that principle applied in any other sport...

Bettman needs to be done and the NHL needs a progressive commissioner in thee worst way.

--- End quote ---

They don't really even need to be that progressive. They just have to dictate that the rules and standards from the regular season apply to the playoffs as well. If it's a penalty on Opening Night, it's a penalty in Game 7 of the Final.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version