Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Is a trade brewing with the New York Rangers?

(1/3) > >>

sickbeast:
Invalid Tweet ID
Four teams are sending TWO scouts to tonight's #leafs-#pens game: Carolina, New Jersey, N.Y. Rangers and Tampa.

That's unusual.— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) October 18, 2018
--- End quote ---

So Dubas was in New York to scout the Rangers versus the Calgary Flames.  And the Rangers had scouts in Toronto when we played Pittsburgh.  Hmm.

princedpw:
What Rangers player would be of interest to the leafs?  (Who might the rangers realistically give up that we could fit under our cap?)

Nik:

--- Quote from: princedpw on October 22, 2018, 12:48:47 AM ---What Rangers player would be of interest to the leafs?  (Who might the rangers realistically give up that we could fit under our cap?)

--- End quote ---

I can't help but think there might still be some interest in Brendan Smith. He was lousy last year which is why the Rangers put him on waivers but he's played well for Babcock in the past. If the Rangers were willing to eat some of his salary he could probably be had at a very reasonable asset cost.

CarltonTheBear:
Bobo throws some water on this:

While many are trying to connect the potential trade dots on TOR GM Kyle Dubas being at last night’s NYR-CGY game at MSG, which I suppose is possible, it’s worth noting two things: 1. William Nylander’s agent Lewis Gross lives in Manhattan. 2. Dubas likes to go to hockey games.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) October 22, 2018
--- End quote ---

Dubas also doesn't really strike me as a guy who would consider a 1-game, in-person scouting assignment like that to be all that valuable when assessing a player.

Bill_Berg_is_sad:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 22, 2018, 08:06:03 AM ---Bobo throws some water on this:

While many are trying to connect the potential trade dots on TOR GM Kyle Dubas being at last night’s NYR-CGY game at MSG, which I suppose is possible, it’s worth noting two things: 1. William Nylander’s agent Lewis Gross lives in Manhattan. 2. Dubas likes to go to hockey games.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) October 22, 2018
--- End quote ---

Dubas also doesn't really strike me as a guy who would consider a 1-game, in-person scouting assignment like that to be all that valuable when assessing a player.

--- End quote ---

Probably not, but also in Manhatten is Jeff Gotten, I assume. So  it could be him Dubas was visiting and he likes to go to hockey games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version