Maple Leafs News and Views > Former Leafs: Ex-Files

Nik Hagman

(1/3) > >>

Michael:
mirtleJames Mirtle
Flames assign Niklas Hagman to the minors.

cw:
Sad. Tough when you can be had for nothing and everyone takes a pass though his contract may have something to do with that.

The Flames still need to do what they needed to do a couple of years ago: blow it up and start over. Some of their top players are nearing the end, they have a weak crop of prospects and I think their team is in chronic suck mode.

Even if they turned it around and made the playoffs, they're not going to win anything. Their older top guys will be long out of gas before they get there if they haven't reached that point already.

Stronger Than All:
Wow, I had no idea.

Boston Leaf:
imagine all that garbage (not Ian of course) they took for Dion ;D

Bender:

--- Quote from: cw on November 11, 2011, 01:18:51 PM ---Sad. Tough when you can be had for nothing and everyone takes a pass though his contract may have something to do with that.

The Flames still need to do what they needed to do a couple of years ago: blow it up and start over. Some of their top players are nearing the end, they have a weak crop of prospects and I think their team is in chronic suck mode.

Even if they turned it around and made the playoffs, they're not going to win anything. Their older top guys will be long out of gas before they get there if they haven't reached that point already.

--- End quote ---

I can't believe they dumped Dion for nothing. As much as we can criticize the direction of Burke, at the very least he continues to turn over the roster with younger players that may have some potential.

What a dichotomy between the Oilers and Flames though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version