Maple Leafs News and Views > 2011 to 2021 GDTs (OLD)

Preseason GDT 7: Leafs @ Red Wings W4-3 OT

(1/26) > >>

Bleeding Blue & White:

(3-3-0) Toronto Maple Leafs vs Detroit Red Wings (2-3-0)
The Maple Leafs preseason continues with a game tonight in the Motor City as they play the first of two straight against the Detroit Red Wings.

Detroit has played five preseason games thus far and have a record of 2-3-0. This will be the first of three straight games for them.

Mike Ulmer was at practice on Thursday and says that with the injury to Nazem Kadri, the door is open for Matt Frattin to open the season with the big club on October 6th. Read more.

Leafs centre Tim Connolly continues to recover from an upper body injury and will not play in either game this weekend. He expects to be ready for the first game next Thursday.

After practice on Thursday, head coach Ron Wilson told the media that Jonas Gustavsson will play the full game tonight and James Reimer will start and play the entire 60 minutes on Saturday.

AvroArrow:
Hmmm...With Kadri and Connolly out, I wonder who slots in as center on Kessel's line.  Maybe Bozak slots in and Boyce or Dupuis takes 3rd line?

BlueWhiteBlood:

--- Quote from: AvroArrow on September 30, 2011, 08:33:33 AM ---Hmmm...With Kadri and Connolly out, I wonder who slots in as center on Kessel's line.  Maybe Bozak slots in and Boyce or Dupuis takes 3rd line?

--- End quote ---

Wilson said Bozak probably center's Kessel and Lupul in Saturday's game. Not sure yet who is playing tonight. They are bringing up Zigomanis to play some center for tonight, but I'm not sure what line he'll play on. Maybe we'll see Lombardi tonight.

Kaberle15:
Is this the Lombardi night ?

Go Leafs Go!!!

CarltonTheBear:
Lines at practice:

Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur
Lupul-Dupuis-Kessel
Frattin-Boyce-Armstrong
Brown-Zigomanis-Orr
Rosehill-Lombardi-Crabb

Liles-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Komisarek
Aulie-Schenn
Gunnarsson-Franson

No word on which forward line/d pairing is the odd one out. I would guess the Lombardi line won't play though. They're probably saving him for the final game and not wanting him to play back-to-back. Gunnarsson and Franson were also apparently the last pairing to go in line rushes, so it could be them sitting.

Gustavsson is expected to start, with Reimer going tomorrow.

Some interesting changes on the defence there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version