Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (374/377) > >>

Arn:
Could probably have put this in music or movie thread, but here we are…

Get Back, The Beatles documentary

Have to say, I was cynical about the run time when it went from a movie to an 8 hour epic.

But I’m about 6 hours in and I don’t want it to end. Absolutely fascinating stuff on so many levels and I think I’m going to read up and refresh a bit on some of the background things that had been going on then watch again and I suspect I’ll pick up loads I’ve missed this time through.

The process they have for writing and making their songs is a little snapshot into some actual genius at work.

herman:
Hawkeye was very fun, and the post-credit scene was giggly good fun too

Bender:
So I'm late to the party but I got sucked into Ted Lasso. I was kind of resisting it for a while as I'm always king of skeptical of tv shows that get suddenly popular, but it's nice to have a fun, interesting and well written show that's just straightforward. You know in some ways beforehand a lot of it is going to somehow work out for Ted (although not always) but sometimes you need that kind of sweet show considering how cynical and depressing most TV is these days.

Also, as an aside, I watched through White Lotus and besides it being well shot and well acted, I really didn't see a point to watching. I've heard a lot of defense of the show and I'm just not convinced... I really didn't think it was very good beyond the initial hook in which I thought was kind of a cheap device to get you to watch.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Bender on December 31, 2021, 09:00:42 AM ---Also, as an aside, I watched through White Lotus and besides it being well shot and well acted, I really didn't see a point to watching. I've heard a lot of defense of the show and I'm just not convinced... I really didn't think it was very good beyond the initial hook in which I thought was kind of a cheap device to get you to watch.

--- End quote ---

I liked White Lotus a lot but I don't think it's for everyone. I don't think the message was especially profound maybe but I think it was making the point it did in a clever way.

Bender:

--- Quote from: Nik on January 01, 2022, 05:42:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bender on December 31, 2021, 09:00:42 AM ---Also, as an aside, I watched through White Lotus and besides it being well shot and well acted, I really didn't see a point to watching. I've heard a lot of defense of the show and I'm just not convinced... I really didn't think it was very good beyond the initial hook in which I thought was kind of a cheap device to get you to watch.

--- End quote ---

I liked White Lotus a lot but I don't think it's for everyone. I don't think the message was especially profound maybe but I think it was making the point it did in a clever way.

--- End quote ---
In what sense was it clever, and just so we're on the same page, what point do you think it was making?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version