Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (372/394) > >>

Arn:

--- Quote from: Nik on November 15, 2021, 06:00:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: L K on November 15, 2021, 05:29:33 PM ---This is a bad time to judge new content too as the pandemic nerfed a lot of shows

--- End quote ---

That plus there are just so freaking many streaming services now

--- End quote ---

I remember a decade or so ago in the UK we had a competitions tribunal re sports TV rights and it was decided that one channel couldn't own all the football (soccer) rights cos then they could just charge whatever they wanted and it wouldn't be good for the consumer.

Now we have them split across 3 companies and the cost if you want to have access to all the live football is 3 different subscriptions that individually cost at least the same as when you got all the content on one.

Same thing with all these entertainment streaming services. Netflix, Disney, Apple, Sky TV etc here

Even worse is when one of the streaming services owns 2 or 3 seasons of a show and another one has 2 or 3 other seasons. Or when one streaming service drops a show when you're midway through watching it and another picks it up so you then have to subscribe elsewhere if you want to continue it

Highlander:
Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it.

Bullfrog:
We've got Netflix, Disney, Amazon, and Crave (through a family member).

Honestly, they're all good. "My List" on Netflix is so long I probably couldn't get through it in my lifetime. Amazon is improving. My wife loves watching older shows (Felicity, Roseanne, Golden Girls), so she really likes Amazon and Disney.

I'm mostly a Netflix guy, but am getting more into Crave's offerings as well.

Bullfrog:
A great site to find out where a show/movie is streaming is here:

https://www.justwatch.com/ca/

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Bullfrog on November 17, 2021, 02:25:38 PM ---We've got Netflix, Disney, Amazon, and Crave (through a family member).

Honestly, they're all good. "My List" on Netflix is so long I probably couldn't get through it in my lifetime. Amazon is improving. My wife loves watching older shows (Felicity, Roseanne, Golden Girls), so she really likes Amazon and Disney.

I'm mostly a Netflix guy, but am getting more into Crave's offerings as well.

--- End quote ---

We have the same, as well as Apple TV+, split among various family members. Netflix definitely has the largest catalog, but Amazon has some great original programming, as well as some original shows from other services that aren't available in Canada. Apple TV+ is more sparse, but their original stuff is typically very high quality. Disney+ is much more niche, but within the niche I'm partial to, their stuff has also been very very good. Crave we really only use for HBO and ShowTime stuff - great back catalog, though, as they have all the early "peak TV" shows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version