Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (371/390) > >>

Iafrate:
You can also look to split the cost of some of these services with family and share logins. Works well for Apple TV, crave, Netflix and Disney. Amazon we don’t bother because everyone seems to have their own prime account.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Joe S. on November 15, 2021, 05:08:56 PM ---You can also look to split the cost of some of these services with family and share logins. Works well for Apple TV, crave, Netflix and Disney. Amazon we don’t bother because everyone seems to have their own prime account.

--- End quote ---

Yup. I pay for Disney, Apple and have my Prime account and then just have passwords from friends and family for the others.

L K:
Crave is basically HBO and I think things are eventually going to trend toward a more HBO Max model where same day release stuff will eventually become more common once theatre interest continues to cool.

If you have no interest in Disney core products there is still a lot of content on Star but new content is going to be 30% for kid, 60% Marvel/Star Wars and 10% other

Prime is a pretty mediocre service but if you do online purchasing through Amazon already probably makes sense to get just given the cost isn’t that much if you are getting the free shipping

We have them all…AppleTV is still free from phone purchase, and I share the Disney account with my family (and I like Disney stuff itself).

Disney plus is probably my favourite service overall but I don’t think you are going to especially love any one service over another.

This is a bad time to judge new content too as the pandemic nerfed a lot of shows

Iafrate:
With Disney, for me anyway, it’s all about Star Wars. None of the Disney content itself matters to me.

However Starz is kinda cool. I finally started watching it’s always sunny in Philadelphia (how in the world have I missed out on this show for so long?) family guy, American dad and I started watching that Steve martin, Martin short Selena Gomez show (only murders in the building) and it’s a fun watch.

Nik:

--- Quote from: L K on November 15, 2021, 05:29:33 PM ---This is a bad time to judge new content too as the pandemic nerfed a lot of shows

--- End quote ---

That plus there are just so freaking many streaming services now(all of the ones we mentioned plus things like Hulu and Peacock and Paramount in the states) that realistically we're never going to see any one service have the sort of output that Netflix did a while back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version