Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

The Official TV Thread

<< < (370/394) > >>

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Highlander on November 15, 2021, 01:53:08 PM ---Question, I have Netflix and Crave, both offer very little new content. If I was going to invest in buy one other service; would you choose Amazon Prime or Disney.  Or any others I may not know about. I like good series tv, movies you can get just about anywhere.  I have heard a ton about Ted Lasso and like the premise.  I heard Yellowstone is worth watching but its Prime?
I heard Besos just spent a gazillion on a new Game of Thrones clone.

Any advice at all would be welcome.

--- End quote ---

Well, if you're looking for Ted Lasso, you're looking at the wrong options, as it's on Apple TV+

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: Highlander on November 15, 2021, 01:53:08 PM ---Question, I have Netflix and Crave, both offer very little new content. If I was going to invest in buy one other service; would you choose Amazon Prime or Disney.  Or any others I may not know about. I like good series tv, movies you can get just about anywhere.  I have heard a ton about Ted Lasso and like the premise.  I heard Yellowstone is worth watching but its Prime?

--- End quote ---

New content has been pretty dry on all services due to the pandemic.

Nik:

--- End quote ---

As Busta mentioned Ted Lasso is on Apple TV+ which might be a good option for you as besides Ted Lasso it has some other shows that are pretty good like For All Mankind. It's also I think the cheapest of the streamers at 6 bucks a month. That said it is fairly light on raw content compared to some of the others but if you're not using your streaming services to watch old episodes of Cheers or whatever, that may not be a problem.

Prime Video's pretty good. It has a big content library, including a lot of movies, and if you get the yearly Amazon Prime membership at 80 a year it's almost as cheap as Apple TV+(and you get other stuff with it like their music streamer, a twitch prime subscription and various deals re: shopping with Amazon). It doesn't have a ton of original shows that I think are great but the Boys is pretty good, Yellowstone is watchable, some people seem to like Bosch. The Game of Thrones thing you mention is a Lord of the Rings series but I don't think that's going to be out for a while. Unless you mean their Wheel of Time series which also won't be out for a while.

Honestly, of all the services I actually find Crave/Netflix to have the most new stuff and because Crave has the HBO stuff it's what I probably watch the most but if you're not getting your value there I'd pick one of the others, get it for a few months, watch what you want and then cancel that and move onto the next service. Tha'ts probably what I'd do if I were paying for all of the ones I had access too.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Nik on November 15, 2021, 04:24:37 PM ---Unless you mean their Wheel of Time series which also won't be out for a while.
--- End quote ---

Premiere's this Friday.

Nik:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on November 15, 2021, 04:35:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nik on November 15, 2021, 04:24:37 PM ---Unless you mean their Wheel of Time series which also won't be out for a while.
--- End quote ---

Premiere's this Friday.

--- End quote ---

Well, there you go. Still, I think the Lord of the Rings one is what cost all the money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version