Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Preseason GDT 4: Leafs vs Sabres L2-1

Started by Bleeding Blue & White, September 23, 2011, 10:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: Tigger on September 23, 2011, 08:38:06 PM
Oh yeah, Fbomb who?

Funny you wrote that, I was going to say the exact same thing before I pressed post.  :D
BWB

BlueWhiteBlood

BWB

Tigger

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on September 23, 2011, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: Tigger on September 23, 2011, 08:38:06 PM
Oh yeah, Fbomb who?

Funny you wrote that, I was going to say the exact same thing before I pressed post.  :D

I never really minded Francois. I imagine coming from as talented a team as he was used to it was somewhat perplexing playing for half an AHL team without a goalie. It says a lot about him, to me, that Anaheim gave up such a potential talent in Jake to acquire him, or Burke really has the Samueli tapes, whatever. I know, I know Lupul was the real deal but c'mon.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

brothert

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on September 23, 2011, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: JohnK's Revenge on September 23, 2011, 08:37:51 PM
That was a nice breakup by Aulie.  He has the reach and size I just wish he was nastier i guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2akwOU10Y
That was a nice fight and it's good to know he won't be intimidated.  What I am trying to say is that when he plays he kinda plays really clean.  Hardly ever stands his man up at the blue line but that maybe because he would get burned real bad if he tried.  He reminds me of a poor guys hal gill.  He's quite a bit more mobile than gill but gill is much more physical and edgier.  It's early days yet but Gardiner stands out as being way flashier.  Mind you i don't think franson has done much of anything either.  Kadri has looked hungry this time about, cant wait to see if he's for real over 82 games

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: Tigger on September 23, 2011, 08:46:37 PM
I never really minded Francois. I imagine coming from as talented a team as he was used to it was somewhat perplexing playing for half an AHL team without a goalie. It says a lot about him, to me, that Anaheim gave up such a potential talent in Jake to acquire him, or Burke really has the Samueli tapes, whatever. I know, I know Lupul was the real deal but c'mon.

The deal is looking better by the day.
BWB

Tigger

Quote from: JohnK's Revenge on September 23, 2011, 08:54:56 PM
Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on September 23, 2011, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: JohnK's Revenge on September 23, 2011, 08:37:51 PM
That was a nice breakup by Aulie.  He has the reach and size I just wish he was nastier i guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2akwOU10Y
That was a nice fight and it's good to know he won't be intimidated.  What I am trying to say is that when he plays he kinda plays really clean.  Hardly ever stands his man up at the blue line but that maybe because he would get burned real bad if he tried.  He reminds me of a poor guys hal gill.  He's quite a bit more mobile than gill but gill is much more physical and edgier.  It's early days yet but Gardiner stands out as being way flashier.  Mind you i don't think franson has done much of anything either.  Kadri has looked hungry this time about, cant wait to see if he's for real over 82 games

I think Kadri is approaching his cusp, I honestly think he'll be NHL ready this year, probably early.

With Aulie I think what you see is what you get, a defensive slow burning flame that you don't want to fan. He'll be fine.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Jim Ralph just declared that Gardiner has the "wow factor."

Also, the guy who replaced Beyak is bland.

BlueWhiteBlood

BWB


Chev-boyar-sky

I guess I don't know what a penalty is anymore. It seemed pretty obviously to me as shoulder to shoulder contact.

Potvin29

So is Phaneuf gonna be allowed to hit this year?

Interference?

Tigger

Quote from: McPwnage on September 23, 2011, 08:30:46 PM
My projection of our defence right now

Phanuef - Aulie
Schenn - Liles
Franson - Gardiner

sorry gunnar you are good but Gardiner is just better.  Also komi will be there but that is just cause we can't put him on waivers, allready having a shaky training camp when with last year he needed to come into it with everything he had.

Just to revisit, perhaps...

Liles                 Phaneuf
Gardiner            Schenn
Aulie/Gunnar      Franson

Good grief.

Notice how I didn't include Komi, he's been pretty, pretty brutal so far. There really is only so much slack, still, nice problem.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Tigger

Quote from: Potvin29 on September 23, 2011, 09:15:16 PM
So is Phaneuf gonna be allowed to hit this year?

Interference?

Is that what the call was? Cereal, missed it but saw the hit.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Propellertop

Too many penalties....leads to a goal against. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Remember, Remember the 5th of November!!

pnjunction

How nice of the refs to step up and decide this close game