Author Topic: Round 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens  (Read 3215 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Round 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens
« on: June 11, 2021, 07:46:13 AM »

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:19:42 AM »
Do I have to turn in my Leaf fan membership if I'm cheering for Montreal?

I've always been an underdog guy. If my team is out, I pick the team with the lower chance of winning and I root for them.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:19:42 AM »

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:38:32 AM »
Do I have to turn in my Leaf fan membership if I'm cheering for Montreal?

I've always been an underdog guy. If my team is out, I pick the team with the lower chance of winning and I root for them.

Nope. Go for it!

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 10:48:09 AM »
I get cheering for the underdog but once the Leafs are gone I just want entertaining hockey. So I'm fine with ignoring any kind of dislike we're "supposed" to have against Montreal and New York but I still want to see Tampa and Vegas go at it in the Finals since it'll likely provide the highest levels of entertainment for when I do turn the games on.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 10:49:54 AM »
I get cheering for the underdog but once the Leafs are gone I just want entertaining hockey. So I'm fine with ignoring any kind of dislike we're "supposed" to have against Montreal and New York but I still want to see Tampa and Vegas go at it in the Finals since it'll likely provide the highest levels of entertainment for when I do turn the games on.

Mostly same. I do want Montreal to get run-over to shut up the Habs fans I know, but, other than that, at this point, don't really care who else wins.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 10:52:34 AM »

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 10:59:32 AM »

Mostly same. I do want Montreal to get run-over to shut up the Habs fans I know, but, other than that, at this point, don't really care who else wins.
Same here. Don't really care who wins but like CTB said, would love to see Tampa and Vegas go at it.

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 11:09:41 AM »
I don’t care really but New York and Montreal both play suppressive hockey.  I don’t really care for success coming to teams that play a modern day version of the trap

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 11:17:45 AM »
I don’t care really but New York and Montreal both play suppressive hockey.  I don’t really care for success coming to teams that play a modern day version of the trap
Very good point.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 11:43:01 AM »
I still want to see Tampa and Vegas go at it in the Finals since it'll likely provide the highest levels of entertainment for when I do turn the games on.

I see that as a foregone conclusion with the teams left..Though, we've been wrong before...in these playoffs. So who knows.

Also, with my original thought in mind, I can't bring myself to cheer for the Islanders.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 12:13:44 PM »

Yeah. They also both lack high-end offence. They take similar approaches defensively, but very different on offence. Montreal throws as much as they can towards the net in the hopes that the quantity of shots makes up for the lower quality - they play a high event game, but without much actual excitement. The Islanders try to create the highest possible quality chances before shooting the puck, which leads to very low event hockey that's about as exciting as watching paint dry.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 01:39:12 PM »
Montreal in 6!
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

Offline WAYNEINIONA

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »

Anyone but Montreal.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 02:38:45 PM »

I'm nominally cheering for the Habs I guess but I'm pretty uninterested in actually watching any of this.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 08:48:53 PM »