Maple Leafs News and Views > 2011 to 2021 GDTs (OLD)

Canadiens @ Leafs - May 20th, 7:30pm - CBC, TSN 1050

<< < (71/72) > >>

herman:
Jason Spezza spoke with John Tavares last night. Tavares told him that he could pick up Spezza's voice when he was on the ice and that helped keep him calm.— luke fox (@lukefoxjukebox) May 21, 2021
--- End quote ---

Significantly Insignificant:

--- Quote from: herman on May 21, 2021, 01:45:02 PM ---Jason Spezza spoke with John Tavares last night. Tavares told him that he could pick up Spezza's voice when he was on the ice and that helped keep him calm.— luke fox (@lukefoxjukebox) May 21, 2021
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

All I ask is for the Maple Leafs to come out and play an inspired second game.  I feel if they do that they should end up on the correct side of that score.  They have to get to the front of the net, then have to go through the Canadiens D.  They have to hem them in their zone.  They can't let the Habs dictate the play the way they did in game one.

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on May 20, 2021, 10:54:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Heroic Shrimp on May 20, 2021, 10:53:11 PM ---Foligno on why he took on Perry after the hit. "Our captain is laying on the ice. They would have done the same if (it was) their captain. (The hit) wasn't malicious. (The fight) takes away any grey (area). Perry's a big boy. It just allows everyone to go back and play."— Lance Hornby 🇺🇦 (@sunhornby) May 21, 2021
--- End quote ---

Sort of sound reasoning, in a weird way.

--- End quote ---

Simmonds should have come out to handle that. We need Foligno on the ice.

--- End quote ---

Especially with Tavares being the one lost. The next couple shifts were a disaster which led to the goal.

herman:
Versteeg is right - and a lot of people are missing the forest for the trees - that it was the trend of reckless hits that created the environment that led to Tavares' injury. Ultimately, those hits were being laid because (in the playoffs) refs let players play that way. https://t.co/SbFLDeLI5z— ⭐Dan⭐ (@265Kilometres) May 21, 2021
--- End quote ---
This got overshadowed by the Corey Perryness of it all, but this is pretty much what I was feeling after I got the thumbs up from Tavares.

Highlander:
My take on the game outside of the horrific hit on John T.   I thought Kerfoot was not that great and his giveaway pass across the ice lead directly to Anderson's breakaway fgoal.  Sorry for the Jumbo fans but he was not great last night and was responsible for the 2nd goal.   I can't blame Campbell for the goals, he played very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version