Maple Leafs News and Views > Main Leafs Hockey Talk

Media Thread

(1/60) > >>

Deebo:
Some potential big news in the Toronto Sports Media world:

The usually reliable Jonah from torontosportsmedia.com is reporting via twitter that this could be Bob McCown's last week hosting PTS.

Multiple sources tell me that if you are a fan of PrimeTime Sports on @FAN590 as currently presented, you'd best be tuning in this week as ....massive changes are coming and fast...I'm told this COULD be Bob's final week as host.— jonah (@yyzsportsmedia) June 18, 2019
--- End quote ---

cabber24:

--- Quote from: Deebo on June 18, 2019, 11:55:08 AM ---Some potential big news in the Toronto Sports Media world:

The usually reliable Jonah from torontosportsmedia.com is reporting via twitter that this could be Bob McCown's last week hosting PTS.

Multiple sources tell me that if you are a fan of PrimeTime Sports on @FAN590 as currently presented, you'd best be tuning in this week as ....massive changes are coming and fast...I'm told this COULD be Bob's final week as host.— jonah (@yyzsportsmedia) June 18, 2019
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Love the bobcat but I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it.

Nik:
Huh. Retirement or getting pushed out?

Michael:

--- Quote from: Nik the Trik on June 18, 2019, 11:58:34 AM ---Huh. Retirement or getting pushed out?

--- End quote ---

If he is pushed out, he will no doubt still get paid the money on his big contract. But it highlights what a cold business it can be sometimes. PTS (SportsNet) is taking a kicking in the ratings from Overdrive (TSN). Perhaps SportsNet has an opportunity to do something now to stop the bleeding.

I wonder if Tim and Sid will take that slot. They could do both the radio and TV spot and perhaps stop the bleeding away from SportsNet over to the TSN show.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Michael on June 18, 2019, 12:20:05 PM ---If he is pushed out, he will no doubt still get paid the money on his big contract. But it highlights what a cold business it can be sometimes. PTS (SportsNet) is taking a kicking in the ratings from Overdrive (TSN). Perhaps SportsNet has an opportunity to do something now to stop the bleeding.
--- End quote ---

Admittedly I don't know a ton about these things but I wonder if his contract doesn't have some sort of language about maybe being negated if his show gets cancelled. Then, with that in mind, maybe in order to let him save some face and go out on his own terms they're doing this instead of cancelling his show.

Either way, it's very easy to believe that if McCown is making a ton of money that with radio maybe not being a huge growth industry these days that his show isn't super-profitable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version