Author Topic: Hurricanes sign Ruutu to 4 year extension  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
Hurricanes sign Ruutu to 4 year extension
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
per McKenzie it's a slight bump on his 3.8 cap hit.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricanes sign Ruutu to 4 year extension
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
That's kinda funny, glad Toronto had nothing to do with it.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »

Man, it sure seems like Carolina doesn't want to make any changes to a pretty crummy team.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Ruutu agreed to an extension in Carolina. Has signed extension in Carolina. 4yrs. 4.750M per year.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
Man, it sure seems like Carolina doesn't want to make any changes to a pretty crummy team.

Yeah. I don't really get Rutherford's thinking this season. I mean, Ruutu is a nice player and all, but, with a team as bad as Carolina, he's a guy I turn into future assets, because, well, he's replaceable.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »

Yeah. I don't really get Rutherford's thinking this season. I mean, Ruutu is a nice player and all, but, with a team as bad as Carolina, he's a guy I turn into future assets, because, well, he's replaceable.

I know Carolina was interested in re-signing him regardless, but I wonder how much his injury forced them to do so as to not end up with nothing.  He's scheduled to come back after the deadline and I wonder if teams backed off on acquiring him. 

Offline #1PilarFan

• Staff Writer
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Ruutu agreed to an extension in Carolina. Has signed extension in Carolina. 4yrs. 4.750M per year.
He didn't come cheap either... He's not a bad player but almost 5m seems a bit steep.
Got an idea on improving the forum?

Check out the TMLFans Suggestion Box!

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »
He didn't come cheap either... He's not a bad player but almost 5m seems a bit steep.

He's put up very similar stats to Grabovski the last few seasons, except this year Grabs is a bit ahead of him. I think that they're pretty similar players in terms of value. Grabs is a better goal scorer and defensive player, while Ruutu is more of a player maker and uses his size more.

Burke will definitely bring this contract up when he goes back to the table with Grabs' agent.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »

That's more than a I though a slight bump would be.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »

Hey, it's only a 25% raise . . . 8)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »

He may have got Ruutu's actual salary mixed up with his AAV. Ruutu is making $4.4mil this season, and is actually taking a bit of a pay cut to $4mil next year before going up to $5mil for the last two seasons.