Other Hockey News & Views > 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Round 2: Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders

(1/3) > >>

CarltonTheBear:
For the first time in nearly 40 years, it will be @NHLBruins vs. @NYIslanders in the #StanleyCup Playoffs.

The Second Round matchup is the third all-time playoff series between the clubs; New York won each of the others (1980 QF and 1983 CF).#NHLStats: https://t.co/L8mhUnOu2p pic.twitter.com/9T56EmIDEO— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) May 27, 2021
--- End quote ---

Guilt Trip:
I think the Bruins are going to win. Pitt lost because if crappy goaltending. That won't happen with Boston.

Heroic Shrimp:
Brad Marchand wins it in overtime.

Bruins take Game 3.

pic.twitter.com/0xMuNbSfol— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) June 4, 2021
--- End quote ---

Whatever clutch goaltending is, this is the opposite of that.

CarltonTheBear:
"I think they sell a narrative over there that's more like the New York Saints, not the New York Islanders"

Bruce Cassidy had a lot to say after the B's loss tonight pic.twitter.com/vedAMAaSXe— NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSBoston) June 8, 2021
--- End quote ---
Bruce Cassidy has been fined $25,000 for criticizing the referees after last night's game.— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) June 8, 2021
--- End quote ---

Cassidy's comments weren't even that harsh. Can you really not speak out about reffing at all?

L K:
Nope.  The NHL is the only league that has a completely different set of rules in the regular season and post-season.  I like that the game is more physical but the hooking and holding that defensive oriented teams get away with is painful.  It doesn't add to the "toughness" element of the game and creates a boring visual product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version