Author Topic: Leafs @ Canadiens - Apr. 28th, 8:00pm - SN, TSN 1050  (Read 1179 times)

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Canadiens - Apr. 28th, 8:00pm - SN, TSN 1050
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 12:40:54 PM »
Doubt it. I don't see Robertson getting into any of the remaining games so they don't burn a year off his ELC.

That's definitely a factor that will keep him out of the lineup unless the team is in a position where they're in a must win game and don't have other options to fill in for injuries, etc. They're not going to waste that last game without a really good team-success based reason.

I really like Robertson.  I think next year with a proper offseason to work on his strength and timing and a proper training camp that he will be better prepared to fight for a roster spot but for all of the good things I saw out of him in his handful of games this year he looked like a guy who didn't have a lot of professional hockey experience.  If we get top 6 injuries and are forced to use him, that's one thing but I wouldn't be looking to burn that year just to get him into a meaningless game.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 12:55:06 PM »
He missed their last 3 games with what was described as a non-COVID illness. Hope he's ok.
I went back and read some articles about him and it seems he may have some Campbellightus. Taking things on his own shoulders, expecting to be the saviour, trying too hard. The game looks like it has gotten inside his head and not fun to play, especially with the huge expectations on him coming home to the Habs.  Hopefully a good sports psychologist will be able to sort him out.  Hopefully he returns and starts to enjoy playing hockey again.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »
Doubt it. I don't see Robertson getting into any of the remaining games so they don't burn a year off his ELC.

That's definitely a factor that will keep him out of the lineup unless the team is in a position where they're in a must win game and don't have other options to fill in for injuries, etc. They're not going to waste that last game without a really good team-success based reason.

why do you guys hate fun

I just prefer large-scale fun to a single night of fun
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 01:29:54 PM »

I really like Robertson.  I think next year with a proper offseason to work on his strength and timing and a proper training camp that he will be better prepared to fight for a roster spot but for all of the good things I saw out of him in his handful of games this year he looked like a guy who didn't have a lot of professional hockey experience.  If we get top 6 injuries and are forced to use him, that's one thing but I wouldn't be looking to burn that year just to get him into a meaningless game.
He looks like a kid that hasn't had a lot of professional experience because he hasn't. If Robertson hadn't gotten hurt I think he'd be a fixture in the Leafs line up. He's had a couple of lengthy injuries this season that ruined it after a very good off season. I think he may still get into the line up but will definitely be in it next season. I think the Leafs can still send him down to the Marlies.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 01:33:06 PM »
Robertson needs to fix his skating posture; like, I don't want him to die because his head is at hip height the whole game. Just watch videos of Nylander: not the biggest, not the fastest, not the strongest, but applies the speed and strength he has in the right moments.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:35:15 PM by herman »
William Nylander Appreciation Account
#BeBlessed

Offline Downtown

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 06:14:58 PM »
GO LEAFS GO!
Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.

Offline Chris

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 07:47:26 PM »
Robertson needs to fix his skating posture; like, I don't want him to die because his head is at hip height the whole game. Just watch videos of Nylander: not the biggest, not the fastest, not the strongest, but applies the speed and strength he has in the right moments.

That and maybe some more awareness of when he is in dangerous situations near the boards. There have been a number of times when I've cringed seeing Robertson "almost" get destroyed. All it will take is once.

Kerfoot is another one who maybe should be more careful, I don't think his skating style is an issue but man, he takes a lot of punishment and some big hits along the boards. Yet he gets up and keeps going (so far).

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2021, 08:07:02 PM »
Elliotte's hair looks like a landslide.

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:32 PM »
Gally, that was kind of diveish.

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 08:15:11 PM »
What a nice goal.

Offline lamajama

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 08:15:34 PM »
What the he** is this? A POWER PLAY goal?
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Offline barney_rebel

• Veteran
  • The GDT Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 08:15:38 PM »
We rule man

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

WE _____ MAN

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile