Author Topic: Jets @ Leafs - Apr. 15th, 7:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050  (Read 2940 times)

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Jets @ Leafs - Apr. 15th, 7:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:50 AM »
Matthews and Willie are out tonight.

Nylander needs one more negative covid test and May rejoin The team tomorrow.

Great. Big game and minus 2 big pieces. The way the team has been playing lately I don't like our chances tonight.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:53 AM »

It's sad that I was relieved to hear this wasn't another Covid situation.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:53 AM »

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 11:50:35 AM »
I mean its convenient to look back at games after the fact but Matthews really wasn't shooting much in the Calgary game.  He was fumbling passes too.  Key division matchup tonight aside, this might be a good one to sit out.  We probably aren't going to play Vancouver on Saturday at this rate (or will be playing a team that is woefully unfit to play NHL hockey) so it gives at least 4 days off and who knows what happens to that Monday game.  If the league has to push a bunch of Vancouver games back it could also mess up the flow of the end of the season for the Leafs where rest will be even more important for guys.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 11:55:48 AM by L K »

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 11:56:00 AM »
I mean its convenient to look back at games after the fact but Matthews really wasn't shooting much in the Calgary game.  He was fumbling passes too. 

I wonder if the Leafs are figuring their game against Vancouver on Saturday (and maybe even the Monday one) will be cancelled and this is a good opportunity to give him a bunch of days off.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »
Hey, Adam Brooks is still on the roster.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 12:26:42 PM »
Matthews wasn't himself the last game or so. Hope it isn't too bad.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:50 PM »
Matthews wasn't himself the last game or so. Hope it isn't too bad.

It's not good that he keeps having problems.

Also, the NHL needs to buck up and shorten the rest of the season, at least in the North.

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 01:49:09 PM »

Didn’t Matthews catch covid already? So using Trumpsciencetm he’s immune now.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »
I mean its convenient to look back at games after the fact but Matthews really wasn't shooting much in the Calgary game.  He was fumbling passes too. 

I wonder if the Leafs are figuring their game against Vancouver on Saturday (and maybe even the Monday one) will be cancelled and this is a good opportunity to give him a bunch of days off.

How many more times are we scheduled to play the Canucks this season?
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2021, 01:56:25 PM »

Four.

We have four games left against the Canucks, Montreal, and Winnipeg.  We have one game left against Ottawa to finish the season (for now)

Winnipeg has two games left against the Canucks and Edmonton has 5 games left against them.

Toronto and Edmonton have the most freebie points available to them from the Canucks at the end of the year so they honestly might get hurt a bit in the standings if Vancouver doesn't play all of their games.  I'm sure that they will find a way to get the ones against meaningful teams in but it also might make the schedule messy down the stretch.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:58:31 PM by L K »

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2021, 01:58:19 PM »

Didn’t Matthews catch covid already? So using Trumpsciencetm he’s immune now.

Ah. Trumpscience. That’s like if Rembrandt used an etch-a-sketch instead of a brush and canvas
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2021, 02:00:56 PM »

Four.

We have four games left against the Canucks, Montreal, and Winnipeg.  We have one game left against Ottawa to finish the season (for now)

Winnipeg has two games left against the Canucks and Edmonton has 5 games left against them.

Toronto and Edmonton have the most freebie points available to them from the Canucks at the end of the year so they honestly might get hurt a bit in the standings if Vancouver doesn't play all of their games.  I'm sure that they will find a way to get the ones against meaningful teams in but it also might make the schedule messy down the stretch.

Thanks . And huh. That’s 4 make-up games possibly postponed until after the season ends .  ::)

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 03:16:21 PM »

I would hope the league would have a method in place for addressing games that need to be postponed but won't have a direct impact on the standings. Like, even if it's as simple as just giving each team a single point for the games that don't get played. But, this is the NHL, so, I don't have a ton of faith.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Not liking my posts is Cancel Culture
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 03:26:16 PM »

Considering that a playoff spot is effectively sewn up and home-ice advantage stands to be pretty minimal this year I'm ok with the team being a little extra cautious where Matthews is concerned.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Downtown

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 04:06:28 PM »
GO LEAFS GO!
Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.