Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

2020-2021 NHL Thread

<< < (2/365) > >>

Bender:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 13, 2020, 05:39:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Arn on October 13, 2020, 05:37:46 PM ---Season is due to start 1st January, right? Full 82 game schedule?

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say either of those are set in stone but yes that's the NHL's current position.

--- End quote ---
I think I overheard on one of the pods, that they were thinking it'll be a 60 game condensed schedule.

Hobbes:
Habs extend Jake Allen for another 2 years at $2.875 M...added to Price's $10.5M that's nearly $15M for next season and more than $13M for the following to just for their goaltending. That seems like...um..a LOT  :o

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: Hobbes on October 14, 2020, 01:18:12 PM ---Habs extend Jake Allen for another 2 years at $2.875 M...added to Price's $10.5M that's nearly $15M for next season and more than $13M for the following to just for their goaltending. That seems like...um..a LOT  :o

--- End quote ---
Price is too much by himself, so Allen at 2.8 isn't bad lol.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Hobbes on October 14, 2020, 01:18:12 PM ---Habs extend Jake Allen for another 2 years at $2.875 M...added to Price's $10.5M that's nearly $15M for next season and more than $13M for the following to just for their goaltending. That seems like...um..a LOT  :o

--- End quote ---

Especially considering, before this past season, Allen had been . . . well, bad for a number of years. Most of his career, he's been a below average goalie. Was that because he couldn't handle the workload as a starter? Sure, maybe, but I'd want to see that before I signed up for more years with him on the roster.

.:

--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on October 14, 2020, 01:22:29 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Price is too much by himself, so Allen at 2.8 isn't bad lol.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's an interesting approach. I don't think ideally you pay that much for a backup unless it's a platoon situation or you're at least giving the guy 30% of the games; and if that's the case, you're paying Price way too much.

I'm guessing Bergevin is concerned about Price staying healthy, and wants to have a guy that conceivably keep the team in it over potentially long stretches - whether Allen's career is trending towards Schnieder or Halak, we'll have to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version