Other Hockey News & Views > CHL & NCAA Hockey

Future Prospects/Draftees

<< < (3/16) > >>

hockeyfan1:

--- Quote from: gilmour4life on September 06, 2011, 10:37:06 AM ---speaking of future draft eligible players.  I seem to remember Martin Frk being highly touted.  I think he was playing in the Q last  year but being Slovakian (I believe), he may have gone home to better his chances of playing for their World Junior team.  I remember
when the games were in Ottawa, being told that they
like their team to play together for the season. The
Hockey News at one point threw out the name Cam
Neely as a compatible.

--- End quote ---

Frk is being seen as a top ten draft pick and yes, the Cam Neely comparison is quite appropriate.  Frk's style of play has been described as "hard-nosed".  He is from the Czech Republic, and will be in his 2nd season with the QMJHL's Halifax Moosehead.

applecheeks:
I went to the prospects game tonight and it was one of the best CHL games i've seen in a long time. Team Orr, (coached by Mr. Quinn) won with a late goal to break the one > one tie. Mark Recchi was coaching Team Cherry. Fast, hard hitting and great skills were all over the ice. great game indeed.
The place was full of scouts and hockey greats, such as Mark Messier, and many more. Unfortunately there was a thousand empty seats.

hockeyfan1:
News for the hockey-starved...

Hockey Canada has announced a Canada-Russia Challenge for it's World Junior selection team in lieu of a hockey evaluation camp.

The first of two games will be played in Yaroslavl (Russia), followed by the next two Halifax Aug.13-14 2012.

TSN2 will be showcasing the first game Thursday Aug. 9th /2012 at 11:00am ET.

Too bad Nathan MacKinnon, dubbed the "next Sydney Crosby", and who also happens to hail from Crosby's hometown of Cole Harbour, NS, will not be eligible to participate (underage).

This Challenge is also celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Canada/Russia Summit Series of 1972, as well as paying tribute to the 36 Locomotiv players who died in the plane crash in Yaroslavl last year.

Soufce:. TSN

hockeyfan1:
WMore news for the hockey-starved....

The Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament featuring eight countries including Canada, will open in Slovakia and the Czech Republic, Aug.13-18, 2012.

Team Canada's under-18 team will be coached by former Maple Leaf Todd Gill, also coach of the OHL's Kingston Frontenacs.

Source: TSN

hockeyfan1:
Canada wins game one of Canada-Russia Challenge...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/08/09/canada_russia_challenge_2012_dougie_hamilton/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version