Author Topic: Round 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens  (Read 2425 times)

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2021, 03:39:02 PM »
Danault is gonna get $$$PAID$$$ this offseason... and I wonder if Montreal is even the team who does it.

I just looked back at how he was acquired. Chicago dealt him at the deadline when he was 22 years old and had 32 NHL games under his belt to the Habs for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann. This was the year after they won their last Cup and they ended up getting knocked out in the 1st round. Montreal also picked up a 2nd rounder that they used to select Romanov too. Not a bad haul for two meh UFAs.

It was amazing how he was absolutely dominated in the first couple games by Matthews in the faceoff circle and then suddenly if did a 180. Matthews face off wins seemed to drop off the map. And suddenly the Habs started winning. Easiest way to defeat Matthews and the Leafs. Make sure they don't have the puck.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2021, 07:05:59 PM »
Danault is gonna get $$$PAID$$$ this offseason... and I wonder if Montreal is even the team who does it.

I just looked back at how he was acquired. Chicago dealt him at the deadline when he was 22 years old and had 32 NHL games under his belt to the Habs for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann. This was the year after they won their last Cup and they ended up getting knocked out in the 1st round. Montreal also picked up a 2nd rounder that they used to select Romanov too. Not a bad haul for two meh UFAs.
We need to badly recoup assets in the same fashion...
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline TheMightyOdin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2021, 02:37:45 PM »
So Vegas defenseman Alec Martinez was playing with a broken foot.
The Catalyst?