Author Topic: 2020-21 Tampa Bay Raptors Thread  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: 2020-21 Tampa Bay Raptors Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »
Unless it's fake news, or old news, but I just read that Masai is staying?

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Not liking my posts is Cancel Culture
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »

I think you were taken in by a hoax.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2021, 11:57:02 AM »

I think you were taken in by a hoax.

Damnit!

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2021, 11:09:09 PM »
Raptors move up to 4th in the draft lottery.  This is supposed to be a very good draft class so this is potentially big for the franchise

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2021, 12:04:41 AM »
Raptors move up to 4th in the draft lottery.  This is supposed to be a very good draft class so this is potentially big for the franchise

The last time they drafted 4th overall it worked out well.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” - Khalil Gibran

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2021, 01:59:27 AM »

The top 4 is where you definitely want to be in this draft. Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jalen Green and Jalen Suggs are all excellent prospects. Cunningham is a solid bet to go as #1 but beyond that any of the other three would be great and fill a real need for the Raps.
- Sean Doolittle

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »

The top 4 is where you definitely want to be in this draft. Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jalen Green and Jalen Suggs are all excellent prospects. Cunningham is a solid bet to go as #1 but beyond that any of the other three would be great and fill a real need for the Raps.

I really hope Mobley drops to the Raptors.  He seems like the perfect fit for the Raptors system.  Great defensive center who can pass and has the potential to have big offensive production.   

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2021, 03:28:30 PM »

I really hope Mobley drops to the Raptors.  He seems like the perfect fit for the Raptors system.  Great defensive center who can pass and has the potential to have big offensive production.

I don't know.  There's a 50% chance they are drafting someone with the first name Jalen.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” - Khalil Gibran

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »

That would be cool, especially if they then brought Lowry back.

But, then again, Suggs might be a perfect Lowry replacement. And Green might be the best pure scorer in the draft and the Raps need someone you want to give the ball to in the final minutes so...probably a good problem to have. My hunch is Green is the guy in the #4 spot.
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2021, 05:19:46 PM »

That would be cool, especially if they then brought Lowry back.

But, then again, Suggs might be a perfect Lowry replacement. And Green might be the best pure scorer in the draft and the Raps need someone you want to give the ball to in the final minutes so...probably a good problem to have. My hunch is Green is the guy in the #4 spot.
As someone who doesn't watch a ton to basketball these all sound great to me.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2021, 02:22:28 PM »

I'll probably go back and forth on this a dozen times but now I kind of feel like Mobley might very well be the guy at #4. I think Cunningham-Green are a safe bet at 1 and 2 and I think neither Mobley or Suggs are great fits for Cleveland so I think someone might trade up to land Suggs. Mobley is seen as a high ceiling/high floor guy but maybe the least NBA ready so I can't help think that he's the guy teams back off of a little.
- Sean Doolittle