Maple Leafs News and Views > Leafs Rumours & Speculation

Armchair GM 2018-2019

<< < (2/201) > >>

herman:

--- Quote from: Frank E on March 21, 2018, 05:43:12 PM ---I can't open Athletic links, so can you clarify what the Dubas link is to this player?

--- End quote ---

There is no direct Dubas connection to Mascherin.

There is only the similarity of circumstance (as Crucialness Key queried) to the trade that brought Zach Hyman into the Leaf fold prior to the 2015 draft, orchestrated by Dubas.

And while I’m explaining all this, Mascherin was Bracco’s linemate and close friend in junior, and the usual recipient and beneficiary of his very slick passing plays.

Coco-puffs:

--- Quote from: herman on March 21, 2018, 06:35:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Frank E on March 21, 2018, 05:43:12 PM ---I can't open Athletic links, so can you clarify what the Dubas link is to this player?

--- End quote ---

There is only the similarity of circumstance (as Crucialness Key queried) to the trade that brought Zach Hyman into the Leaf fold prior to the 2015 draft, orchestrated by Dubas.

And while I’m explaining all this, Mascherin was Bracco’s linemate and close friend in junior, and the usual recipient and beneficiary of his very slick passing plays.

--- End quote ---

So what you are advocating for is a Mascherin-Matthews-Bracco line right?

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Coco-puffs on March 22, 2018, 09:40:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: herman on March 21, 2018, 06:35:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

So what you are advocating for is a Mascherin-Matthews-Bracco line right?

--- End quote ---

Mascherin-Brooks-Bracco under 5'9 4th line baby!

herman:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 22, 2018, 09:42:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Coco-puffs on March 22, 2018, 09:40:23 AM ---So what you are advocating for is a Mascherin-Matthews-Bracco line right?

--- End quote ---

Mascherin-Brooks-Bracco under 5'9 4th line baby!

--- End quote ---

Now I don't want anything else.

mr grieves:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 08, 2018, 10:16:32 AM ---2) Sign Thornton to a 1-year deal worth $8mil. It's the same contract he signed last summer with San Jose. The Sharks will bow out in the 1st round and decide that money is better spent elsewhere. Thornton will join his buddy Marleau. The deals an overpayment but it's better than spreading it out over 2 years. Tavares would of course be preferable here but I'm going to assume he's dumb and will re-sign with the Islanders.

--- End quote ---

I've been wondering about overpayment one-year deals for a difference maker next season... they've got lots of money available, and then things get tight.

Thorton seems a prime candidate, given how interested they were (reportedly) last season, but maybe they make a Radulov-esque offer to Kovalchuk? Nash? Or someone else?

Now that they didn't cash him in at the deadline, would be nice if they could find a way to keep JvR for another season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version