Author Topic: Seattle Expansion Draft  (Read 5320 times)

Offline caveman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle Expansion Draft
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2021, 10:30:37 AM »
got to think it's Dermott and his new contract going to Seattle...

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2021, 10:31:06 AM »
Ok Unless Seattle said they want Dermott or Kerfoot and plan to take them already. Why trade for McCann and potentially lose assets

Certainly points to there being a deal of some kind with Seattle.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2021, 10:31:06 AM »

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2021, 10:32:09 AM »
got to think it's Dermott and his new contract going to Seattle...
Could be McCann or Kerfoot.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2021, 10:32:31 AM »
Ok Unless Seattle said they want Dermott or Kerfoot and plan to take them already. Why trade for McCann and potentially lose assets

It certainly better be.  Hallander isn’t anything amazing but our prospect depth sucks and giving up assets while also losing things seems kind of counter productive to the lack of depth in the organization

Offline Bill_Berg_is_sad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2021, 10:34:48 AM »
If Seattle takes McCann, it's like the Leafs lost Hallander and a 7th in the draft. Better and losing Kerfoot for nothing I suppose.

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2021, 10:35:05 AM »
Because you get a replacement for Kerfoot if they go that way. If Seattle takes McCann the Leafs essentially get to keep their roster and only lose Hallander and a 7th. It's a pretty smart move by Dubas.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2021, 10:35:17 AM »

It certainly better be.  Hallander isn’t anything amazing but our prospect depth sucks and giving up assets while also losing things seems kind of counter productive to the lack of depth in the organization

If Seattle takes McCann, then the leafs lost Hallander and 7th to expansion rather than Kerfoot, Holl or Dermott.

Whoever they keep in the expansion draft if Seattle take McCann is effectively part of the return for the assets.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »

Decent roster there.

Not listed here - Alex Ovechkin. There’s no way he signs with Seattle, but it would be hilarious if they took him.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2021, 10:38:27 AM »
My money says they take McCann...the Leafs priced Dermott out with his new too much money contract.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2021, 10:40:40 AM »

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2021, 10:45:04 AM »
Because you get a replacement for Kerfoot if they go that way. If Seattle takes McCann the Leafs essentially get to keep their roster and only lose Hallander and a 7th. It's a pretty smart move by Dubas.

Maybe the money doesn’t play out I think I had just been interested in keeping both Kerfoot and McCann.  I’m nonplussed about losing Holl/Dermott at this point.

Although I guess it is better to look at it as Seattle picking Hallander and a 7th if they take McCann and that would be a good loss from the Leafs perspective
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:47:40 AM by L K »

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2021, 10:51:49 AM »

I think I'd rather the Leafs had kept Hallander and the pick and lost Kerfoot or Dermott.

But my hunch is this means they know Seattle wanted Kerfoot and will take him.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »

Maybe the money doesn’t play out I think I had just been interested in keeping both Kerfoot and McCann.  I’m nonplussed about losing Holl/Dermott at this point.

Although I guess it is better to look at it as Seattle picking Hallander and a 7th if they take McCann and that would be a good loss from the Leafs perspective
Exactly...That would be a good loss being able to keep Dermott, Kerfoot. I kind of think they want Kerfoot though but we'll see.

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2021, 10:53:40 AM »
But my hunch is this means they know Seattle wanted Kerfoot and will take him.
I think you're right.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2021, 10:53:58 AM »
They had to have known Seattle wouldn't take McCann. Couldn't they have worried about this deal afterward? What are the chances Seattle takes McCann from Pitt and Kerfoot? I dunno... Let's see how it shakes out.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender