Author Topic: Wild buying out Suter and Parise  (Read 1061 times)

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Wild buying out Suter and Parise
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 08:39:47 PM »
wow

Going for Eichel?
So confusing. Why go for Eichel if you have that much dead cap space?

You have that much dead cap next year so that's future Guerin's problem. But this year, you can buy low on an Eichel swap (which opens a bit of space too), and then ride the ELC train to fill the gaps. UFAs will want to play with the Wild kids and Eichel.

The Wild buying out the cap twins so they can protect Dumba so he can be part of the trade for Eichel is funny to me.

K
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 12:09:42 AM »
Supersize my Freedom Fries

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 12:09:42 AM »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2021, 08:17:16 AM »

Presumably they would be giving up something from their team so this isn't the perfect way to look at it but if they acquired Eichel and signed the following RFAs for the following amounts (these are just guesses that I didn't spend more than 60 seconds thinking about): Kaprizov $7mil, Fiala $5mil, Greenway $3mil, that would leave them with about $1.7mil in cap space with a 13-man roster in 22/23.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:50 AM »
Presumably they would be giving up something from their team so this isn't the perfect way to look at it but if they acquired Eichel and signed the following RFAs for the following amounts (these are just guesses that I didn't spend more than 60 seconds thinking about): Kaprizov $7mil, Fiala $5mil, Greenway $3mil, that would leave them with about $1.7mil in cap space with a 13-man roster in 22/23.

They don't really have a ton that they can move without ultimately coming out of the offseason as a weaker team. More talented up front, maybe, but, overall, weaker.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »
I assume they tried to trade them and nobody wanted the players?  They could have saved money had they traded for scraps and offered to eat 50% of the contract.  The dead cap hit on those 2 with the buyout is nuts.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
I assume they tried to trade them and nobody wanted the players?  They could have saved money had they traded for scraps and offered to eat 50% of the contract.  The dead cap hit on those 2 with the buyout is nuts.

They would have freed up about $3M in less space for the coming season that way - and that's assuming they could find a deal where they didn't have to take a contract back. They would have been able to save much more in future years, but this was clearly a set of moves made with short-term thinking.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan