Author Topic: Round 2: Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens  (Read 2651 times)

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2: Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »
It's a bad hit, no question, but if someone like Wilson, with a track record of dangerous hits, doesn't get suspended for a similarly forceful hit, how does the league justify suspending someone like Scheifele, who has no record of supplemental discipline?

Because a Violent Gentleman does what a Violent Gentleman does.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »
It's a bad hit, no question, but if someone like Wilson, with a track record of dangerous hits, doesn't get suspended for a similarly forceful hit, how does the league justify suspending someone like Scheifele, who has no record of supplemental discipline?

Because a Violent Gentleman does what a Violent Gentleman does.

Ahh, yes. The "This Is Who He Is" clause. I keep forgetting about that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »
Phone hearing for Scheifele today so 4 max it seems.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 09:32:37 AM »
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2021, 10:05:54 AM »

Looks like the Habs are kings of the north.  Think Scheifele had just had enough?  I mean the NHL has to realize that when you let a team get away with stuff over and over again, tempers are going to flare.
"We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” - Arthur Morgan

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »

Looks like the Habs are kings of the north.  Think Scheifele had just had enough?  I mean the NHL has to realize that when you let a team get away with stuff over and over again, tempers are going to flare.
They showed some of the stuff they were doing to him during the game and I think Scheifele had enough. Doesn't make it right or anything but I can see why he lost his cool. I will never understand why the cheap stuff penalties aren't called in the playoffs. Why is the glove to the face, out a guy in a headlock allowed? From what I've seen so far the interferenc, cross checking it's far worse in the North Division. Anyway if Scheifeile is out for say 5 games, the Jets are in big trouble. Oh well, it's a series no one really cares about anyway.

Offline Bill_Berg_is_sad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2021, 12:37:19 PM »

They showed some of the stuff they were doing to him during the game and I think Scheifele had enough. Doesn't make it right or anything but I can see why he lost his cool. I will never understand why the cheap stuff penalties aren't called in the playoffs. Why is the glove to the face, out a guy in a headlock allowed? From what I've seen so far the interferenc, cross checking it's far worse in the North Division. Anyway if Scheifeile is out for say 5 games, the Jets are in big trouble. Oh well, it's a series no one really cares about anyway.

Playoff hockey. It's what the people want, apparently.

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »

Awesome username change.

Online Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2021, 12:43:51 PM »

Not me. I love the intensity, love the hitting and all that. Hate the scrums, gloves to the face and that the rules aren't called anymore. It penalizes skilled teams. The amount of hooking and interference that the habs got away with is beyond ridiculous. Oh well, battle through it they say.

Offline Bill_Berg_is_sad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2021, 12:45:11 PM »

Awesome username change.

thanks  :(

Offline Bill_Berg_is_sad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 12:46:55 PM »

Not me. I love the intensity, love the hitting and all that. Hate the scrums, gloves to the face and that the rules aren't called anymore. It penalizes skilled teams. The amount of hooking and interference that the habs got away with is beyond ridiculous. Oh well, battle through it they say.

Ya, me either. I prefer goals and fun to violence and worry, but to each their own.

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 12:50:42 PM »

Awesome username change.

thanks  :(

:'(

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »

Gotta say, I thought the hit was bad but 4 playoff games (the equivalent of 8 regular season games) is pretty harsh for a first-time offender (particularly a star player). I guess it's nice to see Parros has it in him sometimes.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2021, 09:05:50 AM »
Again, I'm left frustrated with DOPS though.  Ryan Reeves acts like a moron with suspension history and gets 2 games.  Kadri gets 8 games.  This gets 4 games.  Wilson gets fined.  Absolutely no consistency and the people who are repeat offenders generally get off with lesser punishments.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »
Again, I'm left frustrated with DOPS though.  Ryan Reeves acts like a moron with suspension history and gets 2 games.  Kadri gets 8 games.  This gets 4 games.  Wilson gets fined.  Absolutely no consistency and the people who are repeat offenders Parros' friends generally get off with lesser punishments.

FTFY
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed