Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Coaching and management changes around the league

<< < (89/116) > >>

Nik:

Hang on just one second. Are you guys trying to suggest that the Habs run through the playoffs last year was just the result of some luck and a hot goalie and not managerial brilliance at the helm of a bunch of scrappy winners whose fortitude made up for their lack of skill?

Well, that sort of thing I just do not have time for.

herman:
Unless he was outright ruining the development of their prospects (a la New York Rangers under David Quinn?), or some sort of HR nightmare, was not in Montreal's best interest to hold steady on the rudder? Ducharme got a 3 year extension in the offseason, so they are now paying a good number of people to not be there (are they still paying Julien? lol).

Edit:
Habs signed Ducharme to a 3-year deal last summer paying him about $1.75 M per season. They also still owe Claude Julien his $5 M salary through June 30.— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) February 9, 2022
--- End quote ---

herman:
I’m told my former @TBLightning teammates and @HockeyHallFame member  the great @mstlouis_26 is joining the @CanadiensMTL as their new Head Coach. @espn @NHLNetwork @TSNHockey #HockeyTwitter— Kevin Weekes (@KevinWeekes) February 9, 2022
--- End quote ---

Oh I see. Runway for a rookie coach.

Zee:

--- Quote from: herman on February 09, 2022, 04:25:16 PM ---Unless he was outright ruining the development of their prospects (a la New York Rangers under David Quinn?), or some sort of HR nightmare, was not in Montreal's best interest to hold steady on the rudder? Ducharme got a 3 year extension in the offseason, so they are now paying a good number of people to not be there (are they still paying Julien? lol).

--- End quote ---

Yeah I don't get it either.  They seem like a slam-dunk to finish 32nd and get the best odds of #1 overall pick, why ruin a good thing?  If they get that "new coach bounce" and start winning a few games it puts all that in jeopardy. 

herman:
The Canadiens have named Martin St. Louis interim head coach.#GoHabsGohttps://t.co/L4K3X65tsS— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) February 9, 2022
--- End quote ---
Ofish now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version