Author Topic: Minor Ex-Leaf News  (Read 32559 times)

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Ex-Leaf News
« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2021, 03:56:03 PM »
Lehtonen's 2nd chance didn't go quite as well: 0 goals, 3 assists in 17 games with Columbus. 2 of those assists came in their final game of the season.

He only played 4 minutes total on their PP which is pretty surprising since that's where he looked his most comfortable as a Leaf and they had a hole there with Werenski's injury and Seth Jones not producing there.

Michael Del Zotto, who has 1 PP point in his last 144 NHL games, received more powerplay time than Lehtonen since Columbus acquired him.

I don't think they did him any favours trading him to a team with a guy who probably had no patience for a guy who isn't great defensively.  I think he has NHL level skills he just needs the right environment.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Ex-Leaf News
« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2021, 04:09:25 PM »
I don't think they did him any favours trading him to a team with a guy who probably had no patience for a guy who isn't great defensively.  I think he has NHL level skills he just needs the right environment.

The weird thing though is Torts actually played him a decent amount. He averaged 18 minutes a game there, and in his last 9 games was averaging over 20 minutes. He even averaged about a minute of PK time per game. But for whatever reason he just never got on their powerplay despite there being an apparent need for a PP QB.