Author Topic: Bautista hitting leadoff  (Read 1431 times)

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Bautista hitting leadoff
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
Ummm, ok?

Offline No.92

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Bautista hitting leadoff
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:31:26 PM »
Seriously why?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:31:26 PM »

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »

Right now a ton of Bautista's value is coming from his ability to just get on base so considering the slump they're in it makes perfect sense.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:55:19 PM »
At this point just throw 9 names in a hat and draw for batting order, not like it makes a difference the way they're playing

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
At this point just throw 9 names in a hat and draw for batting order, not like it makes a difference the way they're playing

Actually Bill James has produced some pretty compelling models that says it doesn't make a difference regardless.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

Actually Bill James has produced some pretty compelling models that says it doesn't make a difference regardless.

Yeah after the first inning it's not a guarantee the lead off hitter leads off again. Get your best hitters the most at bats.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed