Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Mike Modano Retires

(1/4) > >>

Deebo:
per Mike himself, via a Facebook status update:

"After a long summer of thinking about my future, I've come to the decision that it's time to retire as a player from the NHL. There's way too many people to thank here at this time and too much to say, so I have a press conference scheduled for early Friday afternoon. Check back Friday late afternoon for more. What a great ride it's been!"

One of the best USA born players in the history of the game.

BlueWhiteBlood:
No doubt he was one of the best USA players out there. Great career for Modano. Enjoy life Mike!

ThatLeafsFan:
Facebook to announce a retirement from the NHL? I am sure that is a first.

Kind of figured he was going to retire soon, I was surprised he played with Detroit last year. He had a great career in the NHL and internationally, enjoy the retirement Mike!

Bender:
Hull views Modano as the best American player ever. I would probably have to go with Brian Leetch myself, but Modano was definitely up there.

Corn Flake:

--- Quote from: Bender on September 21, 2011, 01:43:35 PM ---Hull views Modano as the best American player ever. I would probably have to go with Brian Leetch myself, but Modano was definitely up there.

--- End quote ---

What about Chelios?  He was around so long, few remember how dominant he was in his twenties and early thirties.

I think the four of them are all relatively close.  Hull is gushing but really its a lot closer than he suggests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version