Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Devils waive Trent Hunter and Colin White... buyout to follow

(1/5) > >>

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote ---@mirtle James Mirtle
Devils put Colin White and Trent Hunter on waivers for the purpose of a buyout. Will give them plenty of cap space.

White's buyout cap hit will be $1-million over next two years. Hunter's will be $666,667 for the next four years.

--- End quote ---

I'm a little surprised at the decision to buyout White. He might have been a bit overpaid, but I thought he was a pretty serviceable guy.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on August 01, 2011, 12:35:46 PM ---
--- Quote ---@mirtle James Mirtle
Devils put Colin White and Trent Hunter on waivers for the purpose of a buyout. Will give them plenty of cap space.

White's buyout cap hit will be $1-million over next two years. Hunter's will be $666,667 for the next four years.

--- End quote ---

I'm a little surprised at the decision to buyout White. He might have been a bit overpaid, but I thought he was a pretty serviceable guy.

--- End quote ---

I could never be an NHL owner.  No matter how rich I was, I could never stomach just pouring $4M+ down the drain.

Bleeding Blue & White:
This doesn't make much sense to me but I like Trent Hunter and I hope the Leafs pick him up.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: McPwnage on August 01, 2011, 12:47:02 PM ---This doesn't make much sense to me but I like Trent Hunter and I hope the Leafs pick him up.

--- End quote ---

If it wasn't for his health he'd be a nice addition to our 4th line, rotating at right-wing with Orr. But at this point I'd probably rather see Dupuis in that role.

Omallley:
White surprises me as well, but this certainly gives the Devils some breathing room with Parise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version