Maple Leafs News and Views > 2011 to 2021 GDTs (OLD)

Leafs @ Canadiens - May 25th, 7:30pm - CBC, TSN 1050

(1/61) > >>

CarltonTheBear:
@
  35-14-7, 77 points | 24-21-11, 59 points
Leafs lead 2-1
Projected Lines

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Kerfoot-Nylander
Mikheyev-Engvall-Simmonds
Thornton-Spezza-Nash

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Bogosian

Campbell
              Tatar-Danault-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Armia-Suzuki-Caufield
Frolik-Byron-Perry

Chiarot-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Kulak-Merrill

PriceScratches

Nick Foligno
Adam Brooks
Denis Malgin
Travis Dermott
        Martin Marincin
Ben Hutton
David Rittich      Jake Evans
Erik Staal
Artturi Lehkonen
Alexander Romanaov
Erik Gustafsson
Cayden PrimeauGame Notes

TOR
•Campbell will likely start for the Leafs... Jack said that he was up for it but Keefe would only say they'd make that decision tomorrow morning
•Foligno will once again be a game time decision

MTL
•Price will start for the Canadiens... Ducharme was quick to confirm this after Monday's game
Injuries

•Nick Foligno - Lower Body - Questionable Tuesday
•John Tavares - Concussion - Out indefinitely      •Jake Evans - Undisclosed - Questionable Tuesday
•Eric Staal - Undisclosed - Questionable Tuesday
•Artturi Lehkonen - Head - Questionable Tuesday
•Jonathan Drouin - Personal - Out indefinitelyStream Options

BilaSport.net
Sportsurge.net

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate:
Andersen or Campbell?

So far, responses on here favor Campbell.  I don't feel strongly about it, but I do think this is a near-perfect opportunity to get Andersen in there for a game.  If we had lost tonight (and Campbell had played well) then the decision would be fairly agonizing.  But up 2-1?  I see a strong argument that, while they have to run the risk of wearing out their goalie, we don't need to.  It's not like Andersen is a perennial backup.  And if he picked up a win it would be huge.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on May 25, 2021, 12:16:28 AM ---Andersen or Campbell?

So far, responses on here favor Campbell.  I don't feel strongly about it, but I do think this is a near-perfect opportunity to get Andersen in there for a game.  If we had lost tonight (and Campbell had played well) then the decision would be fairly agonizing.  But up 2-1?  I see a strong argument that, while they have to run the risk of wearing out their goalie, we don't need to.  It's not like Andersen is a perennial backup.  And if he picked up a win it would be huge.

--- End quote ---

I think Campbell's been playing good, but not sure it's good enough to force the coaching staff to start him back-to-back over another qualified NHL starting goalie. So if Andersen doesn't start it says quite a bit about how much faith the team has in him right now. I think he'll start though.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on May 25, 2021, 12:28:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on May 25, 2021, 12:16:28 AM ---Andersen or Campbell?

--- End quote ---

I think Campbell's been playing good, but not sure it's good enough to force the coaching staff to start him back-to-back over another qualified NHL starting goalie. So if Andersen doesn't start it says quite a bit about how much faith the team has in him right now. I think he'll start though.

--- End quote ---

The Byron goal in game one was just bad.  You want to see him stop Suzuki tonight but Nick wired a good, if not great, shot.  Otherwise I think Campbell has been really, really solid ... against a low-firepower team.  So I agree with you, the decision says a lot about what the coach thinks about Andersen's readiness.  Relatedly, if they do start him it sends a signal that hey, we're not afraid to run our other guy out against you. 

Guilt Trip:
If Campbell can go, he goes. It's about putting your foot on their neck right now and Jack is doing just fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version