Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

2021 Blue Jays General Discussion Thread

<< < (113/115) > >>

Highlander:
Some concerning news, is rumoured that Pete Walker will be offered the Managers post with the Mets.
Hate to lose Pete, he has been a big part of turning pitchers around and getting the best out of everyone.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Highlander on December 09, 2021, 03:28:54 PM ---Some concerning news, is rumoured that Pete Walker will be offered the Managers post with the Mets.
Hate to lose Pete, he has been a big part of turning pitchers around and getting the best out of everyone.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't think this is particularly true. He's been reported as a candidate that the Mets are interested in but I haven't seen anything close to a credible rumour that he's definitely going to get offered the job.

Dappleganger:

--- Quote from: Nik on December 09, 2021, 04:11:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Highlander on December 09, 2021, 03:28:54 PM ---Some concerning news, is rumoured that Pete Walker will be offered the Managers post with the Mets.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't think this is particularly true. He's been reported as a candidate that the Mets are interested in but I haven't seen anything close to a credible rumour that he's definitely going to get offered the job.

--- End quote ---

Pay him more. He's in charge of what $80m? of inventory. Get him paid. Less stress of not being the Manager. Easy peasy.

Joe S.:
Not to say thag this is true but I haven’t even heard if he’s interviewed for the job or that the Mets have even spoken to him. I think this is all based on a Morosi tweet that had no substance to it.

Pete Walker is one name to remember as #Mets continue to evaluate managerial candidates. Walker pitched for the Mets and has received very strong reviews in the industry for his work as #BlueJays pitching coach, most notably with Robbie Ray's success in Toronto.— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 8, 2021
--- End quote ---
?s=20

Nik:

--- Quote from: Dappleganger on December 09, 2021, 04:17:19 PM ---Pay him more. He's in charge of what $80m? of inventory. Get him paid. Less stress of not being the Manager. Easy peasy.

--- End quote ---

If a guy wants to be a manager and you're not prepared to make him one I think it's generally understood that you'll let them take an offer. I think Walker has done a generally very good job and would like the Jays to keep him but I also don't think the guy is an irreplaceable miracle worker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version