Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2020 NHL Draft

Started by herman, May 07, 2020, 12:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedLeaf

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Arn

I Saw Jay McClement Score.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Arn on October 10, 2020, 02:19:12 PM
If he?s playing KHL, maybe he?s closer to NHL than you?d normally expect of a goalie draft pick?

I wouldn't get too carried away. He's still probably the #3 goalie in that organization. Their regular back-up probably got injured/sick hence the call-up.

Frank E

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 10, 2020, 02:22:30 PM
If he?s playing KHL, maybe he?s closer to NHL than you?d normally expect of a goalie draft pick?

I wouldn't get too carried away. He's still probably the #3 goalie in that organization. Their regular back-up probably got injured/sick hence the call-up.

...kidnapped by government agents...

Highlander

Quote from: Frank E on October 10, 2020, 02:26:34 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 10, 2020, 02:22:30 PM

...kidnapped by government agents...
tortured and gassed, made to watch old Red Army highlights
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Nik

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 06, 2020, 09:10:13 PM
Quote from: Nik on October 06, 2020, 09:09:28 PM
As a sidenote, anyone else think the Leafs being a little late with their pick is thinking they could have got Amirov lower and trying to trade down to do so?

That was my thought too. When Bettman said the pick wasn't in I was expecting a trade.

FWIW I was catching up on my Puck Soup listening the other night and Sean McIndoe, who I'm inclined to believe on such things, just flat out said the Leafs were trying to trade down.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

Nik

Herman, I promise you that if and when Dubas' Leafs team have any NHL success of a meaningful level, people will acknowledge it.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

herman

Quote from: Nik on December 01, 2020, 10:35:13 PM

Herman, I promise you that if and when Dubas' Leafs team have any NHL success of a meaningful level, people will acknowledge it.

I?m just bored.
#BeBlessed #scumbag