Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Avs acquire Downie from TB for Quincey, TB flips Quincey to Det. for a 1st

Started by Sarge, February 21, 2012, 04:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 21, 2012, 06:52:35 PM
I'm actually a little surprised Tampa flipped Quincey to Detroit. When the initial trade went down I thought it was a very good move for them. Tampa's blueline is brutal right now, particularly with Kubina gone. I suppose the allure of a 1st round pick may have gotten to them, but if Yzerman can't shore up that defence this summer he might regret that move.

I agree. It seems kind of weird when Tampa does have a pretty good young core to build around that you wouldn't add to the area of weakness but instead go for the kind of asset you can get in the 24-30 spots. Not a bad asset to have, I suppose though.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Tigger

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 21, 2012, 06:52:35 PM
I'm actually a little surprised Tampa flipped Quincey to Detroit. When the initial trade went down I thought it was a very good move for them. Tampa's blueline is brutal right now, particularly with Kubina gone. I suppose the allure of a 1st round pick may have gotten to them, but if Yzerman can't shore up that defence this summer he might regret that move.

All I can think is the contract numbers weren't making sense for either player to Stevie Y and that having another 1st to go along with the 2nd and 4th from Kubina's deal made more sense on balance.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

oldman

Talk about full circle. Quincey was put on waivers by the Wings and now he is back with them.