2020-21 Tampa Bay Raptors Thread

Started by Deebo, November 21, 2020, 12:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deebo

•  

Nik

Good for him. Hard to say he didn't earn it.

Still kind of crazy to think that the Raps still have a pretty good young group in place with VanVleet, Siakam, Powell and Anunoby. Even if Ibaka, Lowry and Gasol are done, and I don't think they are, that's a starting point for a decent team in the East that could have a lot of cap space.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi
  •  

Highlander

Quote from: Nik on November 21, 2020, 02:41:14 PM

Still kind of crazy to think that the Raps still have a pretty good young group in place with VanVleet, Siakam, Powell and Anunoby. Even if Ibaka, Lowry and Gasol are done, and I don't think they are, that's a starting point for a decent team in the East that could have a lot of cap space.
Thats true until we get them to the Greek. 
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki
  •  

Deebo

Quote from: Nik on November 21, 2020, 02:41:14 PM

Unfortuatley, Ibaka is going to the Clippers.
  •  

Nik

Quote from: Deebo on November 21, 2020, 11:43:41 PM

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Still, good young core and all that.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi
  •  

Dappleganger

Ibaka gone is disappointing from a fan's perspective for sure, but at least it should mean more time for my boy Boucher. This is what a Gasol/Ibaka-less Raptors looked like against eventual champion Lakers last year:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/m-ZHIALLPL4
  •  

Bender

Quote from: Nik on November 22, 2020, 09:23:10 AM
Quote from: Deebo on November 21, 2020, 11:43:41 PM

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Still, good young core and all that.
Yeah I mean maybe it's time to give younger players a look? No idea though, I don't really know aging curves in the NBA
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender
  •  

Highlander

Good preseason game on Saturday, the starting rotation got shitkicked for a good amount of time in the first half but our backups looked very good.  Flynn looks like a draft steal, he is a player.  Also Thomas looked great, rounding into a full player, not just a shooter.  Should be a fun team to watch this year.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki
  •  

cabber24

Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.
  •  

Frank E

•  

Highlander

250 Million, never got the Greek. Now we can work on getting Leonard back.  ;)
                                           Sunryn Suzuki
  •  

L K

A big part of it is James Harden being a tool but the NBA already had to postpone a game for COVID ineligibility
  •  

L K

Pretty massive set domino trade went down today:

Houston traded James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets with secondary trades through Cleveland and Indiana.

Houston Receives:
- Victor Oladipo (Indiana), Dante Exum (Brooklyn), Rodions Kurucs (Brooklyn)
- Brooklyn unprotected 1st round picks in 2022, 2024, 2026
- Pick swaps with Brooklyn in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027
- Cleveland's first round pick (through Milwaukee) in 2022

Brooklyn receives:
- James Harden (Houston)

Cleveland receives:
- Jarret Allen (Brooklyn), Taurean Prince (Brooklyn)

Indiana receives:
- Caris LeVert (Brooklyn)
- 2nd round pick
  •