Author Topic: Qualifier Game 5: Blue Jackets @ Leafs - Aug. 9th, 8:00pm - SN, TSN 1050  (Read 11411 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Matthews had a Conn Smythe like round and we still couldn't win it. Embarrassing. I don't even know what to say.

Offline BermudaBudsFan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
They are just not a good mix.  There will be some sort of interesting move, I would expect.  The group together can’t get it done.

TMLfans.ca

Online Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Any chance the Leafs drop in to the tenth spot?   A lot of teams below them made it in to the playoffs.

"We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” - Arthur Morgan

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Well, blow up the defense in the off-season and see where it takes us.   I have a feeling we'll be seeing at least one unexpected trade in the off-season.
If they win the draft lottery all kinds of possibilities open up. If not...honestly I'm not sure what they can do.

Well, the first thing is simple: Barrie and Ceci are gone.  That will improve things right there.

I am pretty sure Sandin will step into a regular role.  Can Liljegren?  That's a huge question.

Offline Chris

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
They are just not a good mix.  There will be some sort of interesting move, I would expect.  The group together can’t get it done.
Too much stash and dash, not enough bash.

Offline Stronger Than All

• Veteran
    • View Profile
as soon as JT hit that post I could see this coming.  Seemed like such a sure goal.

Offline BermudaBudsFan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Well, blow up the defense in the off-season and see where it takes us.   I have a feeling we'll be seeing at least one unexpected trade in the off-season.
If they win the draft lottery all kinds of possibilities open up. If not...honestly I'm not sure what they can do.

Well, the first thing is simple: Barrie and Ceci are gone.  That will improve things right there.

I am pretty sure Sandin will step into a regular role.  Can Liljegren?  That's a huge question.
They need to try and trade from forward strength for a defenceman with term.  Difficult, but Dubas must try.  I also think we need to concede our goaltender probably isn’t good enough in the crunch.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Too much stash and dash, not enough bash.

I dunno, I thought they matched Columbus in intensity and physicality. 

But like LK said, they are out of excuses.  Can't blame this on Babcock.

Online Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Any chance the Leafs drop in to the tenth spot?   A lot of teams below them made it in to the playoffs.

Nope, looks like they will be around 12, so that's a pretty good pick to go to the Canes.
"We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” - Arthur Morgan

Offline Lee-bo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Losers!

Offline Chris

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile

Well, obviously those 2 are gone. But unless someone with a big contract is moved, replacing them with say Sandin and Lily or Sandin and Marincin or Sandin and Rosen is not much of an improvement. Barrie was terrible, Ceci wasn't that bad (but certainly not worth the contract).

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Tough. Andersen gets outplayed in an elimination game for the fourth playoffs in a row (I guess this doesn't even count as playoffs?), after a pretty rotten year.

Marner and Tavares not earning their pay cheques.

Keefe with some really, really strange decisions tonight. They never looked in sync, even though they have all the star power.

The beat goes on.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Seeing as we got no puck luck all series maybe we get ball luck tomorrow night.

That would be funny.

In truth, I am not crazy about watching hockey so out of sync.  As long as MTL or BOS doesn't win it, I could care less who does.
I don't care who wins it. I'm not putting a lot into this tourney but there needs to be changes. It is what it is though. Weird year this 2020. We can look forward to seeing Robertson playing with the big club.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
The Leafs certainly whereby helped by the veteran refs letting guys get filled in from behind every single time there was a scramble near the net either

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
And wow, I figured the layoff was an opportunity for Barrie to reset but he could not have been worse. Thankfully that's it for him.