Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

Rugby World Cup - New Zealand 2011

<< < (2/3) > >>

Seymore Pucks:

--- Quote from: Saint Nik on September 20, 2011, 09:11:39 AM ---
I gave watching the France-Canada game a bit of a go. Couldn't for the life of me figure out the rules of it. Still, have to give the players credit for it as some of the players looked more facially mangled than any hockey goon, football player or MMA fighter I've ever seen.

--- End quote ---
Most fans, players and refs struggle to understand the rules too sometimes.

Arn:

--- Quote from: Seymore Pucks on September 20, 2011, 08:31:26 PM ---
I gave watching the France-Canada game a bit of a go. Couldn't for the life of me figure out the rules of it. Still, have to give the players credit for it as some of the players looked more facially mangled than any hockey goon, football player or MMA fighter I've ever seen.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The rules are understood by most, it's the interpretations of them that tend to cause the problems. In rugby there's a big difference between the northern and southern hemisphere in the way the game is played and therefore the way the referees interpret the rules.

It makes for an interesting clash when north plays south and teams often change their game plan to deal with whoever is refereeing!

Seymore Pucks:

--- Quote from: Arn on September 22, 2011, 08:37:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Seymore Pucks on September 20, 2011, 08:31:26 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The rules are understood by most, it's the interpretations of them that tend to cause the problems. In rugby there's a big difference between the northern and southern hemisphere in the way the game is played and therefore the way the referees interpret the rules.

It makes for an interesting clash when north plays south and teams often change their game plan to deal with whoever is refereeing!

--- End quote ---
Was going to use the word interpretation too, but also the rules have changed just about every year for the the last ten years.  Then sometimes they will try some rules changes in one comp and not the other.  Regardless alot of penalties are called during scrums, rucks and mauls and most of the time you can not see the infringement on TV or the stands.  Bring back rucking, sort out the scrums and bring day time test matches back to New Zealand. 

The biggest game this weekend is not All Blacks V France.  Thats just the entree for the WARRIORS V storm NRL Finals....CAN'T WAIT.

ThatLeafsFan:
Gunna watch the game, I like the pre-game stuff so far lol

Stumpy:
The Finals are set: New Zealand vs. France. This is the match I was hoping for, but on paper it looks like New Zealand is a heavy favorite. Despite advancing to the championship game, France has looked downright ugly at times, dropping two games in the pool stage and barely beating out Wales in the semifinals while outnumbering them 15 to 14 for most of the game. New Zealand also beat France handily in the pool stage, 37-17. The one advantage France has going into this game is they are healthier, as the All Blacks are without their top two flyhalves, including Dan Carter, who most contend is the top player in the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version