Other Hockey News & Views > NHL Transactions

Avs acquire Downie from TB for Quincey, TB flips Quincey to Det. for a 1st

<< < (4/4)

Nik:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 21, 2012, 05:52:35 PM ---I'm actually a little surprised Tampa flipped Quincey to Detroit. When the initial trade went down I thought it was a very good move for them. Tampa's blueline is brutal right now, particularly with Kubina gone. I suppose the allure of a 1st round pick may have gotten to them, but if Yzerman can't shore up that defence this summer he might regret that move.

--- End quote ---

I agree. It seems kind of weird when Tampa does have a pretty good young core to build around that you wouldn't add to the area of weakness but instead go for the kind of asset you can get in the 24-30 spots. Not a bad asset to have, I suppose though.

Tigger:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 21, 2012, 05:52:35 PM ---I'm actually a little surprised Tampa flipped Quincey to Detroit. When the initial trade went down I thought it was a very good move for them. Tampa's blueline is brutal right now, particularly with Kubina gone. I suppose the allure of a 1st round pick may have gotten to them, but if Yzerman can't shore up that defence this summer he might regret that move.

--- End quote ---

All I can think is the contract numbers weren't making sense for either player to Stevie Y and that having another 1st to go along with the 2nd and 4th from Kubina's deal made more sense on balance.

oldman:
Talk about full circle. Quincey was put on waivers by the Wings and now he is back with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version