Other Hockey News & Views > NHL Transactions

Avs acquire Downie from TB for Quincey, TB flips Quincey to Det. for a 1st

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sarge:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on February 21, 2012, 04:13:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sarge on February 21, 2012, 04:11:17 PM ---I guess Holland knows what he's doing but isn't a first round pick for Quincey just a little loopy?

--- End quote ---

Based on what I've been reading about this coming draft, I don't know. Word is the talent drop off after the first 10-12 players is very significant.

--- End quote ---

Okey dokey then... Though I've kind of stopped reading what the "experts" say about how deep drafts are. I find these guys to be for the most part, akin to weather men.

Peter D.:
Lightning fans are pissed that they only got a 1st for Downie (the prospect sounds like nothing).  Perhaps it's because I can't stand him, but my initial reaction was that it's a very good deal for Tampa.   :-[

Cue the obligatory "Well if Downie can fetch a 1st and a prospect, how is Grabovski only worth a 2nd and a prospect?"

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Sarge on February 21, 2012, 04:19:05 PM ---Okey dokey then... Though I've kind of stopped reading what the "experts" say about how deep drafts are. I find these guys to be for the most part, akin to weather men.

--- End quote ---

That's true, though, much like weather men, they become much more accurate the closer it gets to crunch time.

Bender:
Interesting! This is the kind of wheeling and dealing I like to see!

CarltonTheBear:
I'm actually a little surprised Tampa flipped Quincey to Detroit. When the initial trade went down I thought it was a very good move for them. Tampa's blueline is brutal right now, particularly with Kubina gone. I suppose the allure of a 1st round pick may have gotten to them, but if Yzerman can't shore up that defence this summer he might regret that move.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version