I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Arn

herman

Quote from: Arn on July 07, 2022, 07:10:04 AM
Quote from: Arn on July 07, 2022, 04:34:29 AM
And he's gone....

Update: or not  ::)  ;D

Or maybe? I can't tell what is happening.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Arn

Quote from: herman on July 07, 2022, 09:38:29 AM
And he's gone....

So he's said he'll resign without actually resigning. He also resigns as Conservative Party Leader but not yet resigning as Prime Minister.

The UK government can't function without a PM in place. So he stays on as PM in the interim  (which is what's always happened in the past). We find out next week how quickly he can be replaced. Usually it takes around 3 months and that allows existing legislation etc to continue to progress. Wouldn't be surprised to see this guy try and push through more stuff before he goes or announce new policies.

Interesting how many lies, sex scandals and broken laws he's gotten away with and it's someone else's sexual misconduct that finally takes him down.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on July 07, 2022, 10:18:17 AM
And he's gone....

So he's said he'll resign without actually resigning. He also resigns as Conservative Party Leader but not yet resigning as Prime Minister.

The UK government can't function without a PM in place. So he stays on as PM in the interim  (which is what's always happened in the past). We find out next week how quickly he can be replaced. Usually it takes around 3 months and that allows existing legislation etc to continue to progress. Wouldn't be surprised to see this guy try and push through more stuff before he goes or announce new policies.

Interesting how many lies, sex scandals and broken laws he's gotten away with and it's someone else's sexual misconduct that finally takes him down.

What was the last straw that took him down?

Arn

Quote from: Frank E on July 07, 2022, 10:38:27 AM
And he's gone....

Basically he appointed a minister who had previously been found guilty of a sexual assault, who then carried out another sexual assault.

He then lied to say he knew nothing about the prior sexual assault before appointing him, before it was proven he did know, when he changed his story to say he "forgot".

Johnson has also said that it was the victim's fault (as he was a gay man) and also the fault of other people for letting Pincher drink too much.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62054067

Also a wikipedia article that covers it all in more depth, but, is wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Pincher_scandal

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on July 07, 2022, 11:04:56 AM
Quote from: Frank E on July 07, 2022, 10:38:27 AM
And he's gone....

Basically he appointed a minister who had previously been found guilty of a sexual assault, who then carried out another sexual assault.

He then lied to say he knew nothing about the prior sexual assault before appointing him, before it was proven he did know, when he changed his story to say he "forgot".

Johnson has also said that it was the victim's fault (as he was a gay man) and also the fault of other people for letting Pincher drink too much.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62054067

Also a wikipedia article that covers it all in more depth, but, is wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Pincher_scandal

Thank you Arn!

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

L K

Rogers, Fido and Chatr cellular devices have no signal this morning for the majority of the country.  Just an FYI if you haven't noticed yet because you were on WIFI at home.

Nik

Shockingly, it appears as though Elon Musk may not be buying Twitter after all.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

LittleHockeyFan

Quote from: L K on July 08, 2022, 07:31:55 AM
Rogers, Fido and Chatr cellular devices have no signal this morning for the majority of the country.  Just an FYI if you haven't noticed yet because you were on WIFI at home.

I'm a total rogers customer. No cell. No internet. No cable today until about half an hour ago. I feel sorry for the customer service rep who answers my husband's call tomorrow. He's not a happy camper.

Bullfrog

Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on July 08, 2022, 10:05:38 PM

I'm a total rogers customer. No cell. No internet. No cable today until about half an hour ago. I feel sorry for the customer service rep who answers my husband's call tomorrow. He's not a happy camper.

I should really just mind my business, but what point would there be to call and be angry with a customer service rep that had nothing to do with a NATION-wide outage?

Heroic Shrimp

While my phone has been functional since late Friday night, we still don't have internet at home. [emoji53]
Supersize my Freedom Fries

bustaheims

Quote from: Bullfrog on July 08, 2022, 11:02:33 PM
Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on July 08, 2022, 10:05:38 PM

I should really just mind my business, but what point would there be to call and be angry with a customer service rep that had nothing to do with a NATION-wide outage?

Some people just need to vent, I guess. Not going to accomplish anything - in fact, there's a good chance it will just make them angrier when the person on the other end can't do anything and only has canned answers - but, they gotta any way.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rob

The Rogers store in the mall have a security guard posted outside the store.